Status of the Gov Perry's idea to loosen rules for places you can CCW?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Status of the Gov Perry's idea to loosen rules for places you can CCW??

bluelineman
06-07-2007, 20:45
Does anybody know the current status of Gov Perry's proposal to loosen the rules for places you can carry?? Is there supposed to be a vote on this sometime soon?

Is there a website that keeps up with the current status??

cwood
06-07-2007, 21:18
His comments/opinions, however much I may wish otherwise, are just that.

The legislature is no longer in session and will not have another regular session until 2009. There is a probability that the Governor will call a special session before then and he sets the agenda for special sessions but there is almost no chance of this topic being addressed in a special session.

I have it on good authority from someone I trust who works closely with the TSRA/NRA on legislative matters that, in light of the Virginia Tech shootings and other events, that the topic will be addressed in the next legislative session. Whether the topic will become law is another matter but I believe an effort will be made.

bluelineman
06-08-2007, 19:50
Thank you sir. Please keep us posted of any new updates.

:patriot:

RPBROWN
06-09-2007, 15:27
Go to www.texaschlforum.com. Great folks with loads of information on this and other subjects concerning CHL.

CWOOD is correct though. Session is over until 09 unless the governor
has a special session and even that is limited to a specific agenda item. Unlikely a special session would be called for this although it woud be nice.

JohnKSa
06-24-2007, 20:13
There were a good number of pro-gun/pro-hunting bills passed!

http://www.tsrapac.com/files/legislativeagenda2007.pdf

cwood
06-24-2007, 22:18
Originally posted by RPBROWN
Go to www.texaschlforum.com. Great folks with loads of information on this and other subjects concerning CHL.

Good advice

bluelineman
06-25-2007, 21:18
Originally posted by cwood
Good advice

Agreed. I go there from time to time. Same screen name.