lafayette area FFL who can help ship USPS for small fee [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : lafayette area FFL who can help ship USPS for small fee

foob
06-07-2007, 21:19
If anybody knows of an FFL dealer that can help ship a handgun by USPS for a small fee, let me know please. Thanks. Lafayette area.

jmb79
06-08-2007, 05:04
Your post doesn't provide too many details so if my assumptions are incorrect, I apologize...

What shipping a handgun it is not necessary to have an FFL holder at the sender's end. It is only necessary that the handgun be sent to an FFL holder via a common courier (e.g., FedEx, UPS and NOT US Mail).

From time to time I see threads in handgun sale forums where people incorrectly state that the seller of a handgun has to have an FFL holder send the weapon. If this is not your situation, I apologize.

R. Emmelman
06-08-2007, 05:08
jmb79

I believe this to only be true if you are sending it UPS or FedEx overnight. USPS only will do FFL - FFL. Please correct me if I am wrong.

mpholic
06-08-2007, 06:01
He's probably looking for help so he can avoid the horrifically high costs of shipping a gun FedEx or UPS. They will only ship overnight and it runs about $50.00. He could ship it USPS for $10, pay the FFL a $10 fee and still come out $30 ahead.

foob
06-08-2007, 11:28
Aye, somebody was interested, but I calculated shipping was $55 for a 5 lb package going overnight saver UPS.

USPS would be less than $20 but will require FFL.

So if anybody uses an FFL to ship stuff all the time, I could ask for help.