What to send to Afghanistan? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What to send to Afghanistan?

darwin-t
06-08-2007, 05:04
There is a box at work for us to put items in to send to a soldier in Afghanistan. I don't know what he would want. Please help me.

xxiv
06-08-2007, 12:43
Send bulk boxes of M&M's, tootsie rolls, and skittles. :supergrin:

Just kidding!

The answer to that question is pretty varied, I have no idea what he's into / interests.

Fox
06-18-2007, 22:59
M&M's candy :thumbsup:

G10CK
06-29-2007, 15:52
I always enjoy beef jerky, slim jims, and car(?) magazines.

ranger88
06-30-2007, 14:41
Copenhagen and/or Marlboro Reds. Even if he doesn't use them, makes for good trading fodder. Not very politically correct though.

TheyAte
07-05-2007, 02:46
+1 for Jerky for our troops!
if y a can send them oboy oberto original, and not the natural original.
its square, dry, thin, and tough on the teeth. but it is f'ning goot

XMM
07-05-2007, 13:23
Originally posted by TheyAte
+1 for Jerky for our troops!
if y a can send them oboy oberto original, and not the natural original.
its square, dry, thin, and tough on the teeth. but it is f'ning goot

Oh, definitely a big +1. The nails head has been hit, and HARD! :thumbsup:

Falling Crow
07-05-2007, 13:50
I always enjoyed when folks sent me hunting/outdoor magazines (Outdoor Life, Ducks Unlimited, Field and Stream, etc.).

syne_24
07-17-2007, 23:46
+1 on the jerky as well, loved them!

The usual FHM's, Stuff, cars and games magazines are always great. For personal hygienes product such as baby wipes, deodorant, toothbrush, soap, hand sanitizer etc.. It could also be something like a nerf basketball hoop just for a stress reliever.

sts47
08-04-2007, 09:13
I guess we could just send a couple dozen nukes addressed to Afghanistan after rotating everyone back to the states. :thumbsup:

As this is a nice fantasy, just ask, and he'll tell you!

xxiv
08-05-2007, 14:21
Chances are he has access to email. Can you ask him directly what he is need of?

MarkP
08-05-2007, 23:41
Here are a few things that I have requested from my support group back home:
reading material ; gun , cycle , fitness magazines or whatever
cleaning kit stuff for the m4 , patches , rods ,etc
shop towels
mail writing stuff , paper , pens, etc
toiletries; soaps , towels , etc
dvd's for the guys that like to watch movies
specialty batteries (like surefires)
disposable dust masks

Our supply chain isn't the greatest over here so the little items are what make life bearable.

hope that helps.

Mark in Dirkadirkastan

Jwinter
08-09-2007, 01:13
my brother is over there and he likes baby wipes says he doesnt get to shower to often and it is very dusty.

deadday
08-26-2007, 10:45
Candy, tobbaco (if that is still allowed, if not just stuff it in a box of cereal), magazines (cars, sports, girls), baby wipes are ALWAYS a plus. Comfotable socks, bed sheets (Toga Thursdays anyone?!). Just picture yourself in a frozen (well, depending on location), then searing locale, 1000s of miles from your family and way of life, and ask yourself what you would want to make yourself comfortable. Also, keep in mind, things sit for some time before they reach the soldiers, so anything that can't stand the head (candy bars, Hersheys Kisses, etc) shouldn't be sent.

drew

retorts
08-27-2007, 17:32
By the time they get to me, even the gummies have melted into one gigantic blob... Tastes funny too.

Hard candies, jerky, slim jims, crunch and munch for food items are always good...

Sunflower seeds (with and without shells) and pistachio nuts seem to always be favorites around here...

deadday
08-28-2007, 07:29
Originally posted by retorts
By the time they get to me, even the gummies have melted into one gigantic blob... Tastes funny too.

Hard candies, jerky, slim jims, crunch and munch for food items are always good...

Sunflower seeds (with and without shells) and pistachio nuts seem to always be favorites around here...

I always thought the giant blob of gummy rainbow flavored goodness was great for convoys.

drew