weapons manufacturers moving to indiana [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : weapons manufacturers moving to indiana

toots shor
06-09-2007, 02:06
hey guys,
i have it on pretty good authority there may be some movements by the state to bring some major Illinois weapons makers to Indiana :D thought you guys might dig that.

KSFreeman
06-09-2007, 10:31
Yes, we've been attempting to get the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce more involved.

minuteman32
06-09-2007, 10:35
I've been working some w/ my city-county councillor to get some to the west side of Indy, too!

rhino465
06-09-2007, 10:49
We're building a new industrial/commerce park here in Crawfordsville. My best friend is the mayor and I suggested he write a letter to Springfield Armory and invite them to consider moving their operation here.

They completely ignored him.

I know we only have about 15-17,000 (legal) residents, so we're a small town, but to ignore the mayor representing a town in good faith like that is just rude.

I've heard that Les Baer and some others near the quad cities area are moving to Iowa.

minuteman32
06-09-2007, 11:23
Wrll, as much as I'd like to see more gun makers move here, I start thinking; Maybe if some move to IA, they might end up passing some reciprocity laws. On the other hand, it seems like some of the states w/ the most screwed up gun laws are home to most of the manufacturers! Perhaps that negative trend would follow them, as well. Perhaps we should get ALL the gun makers to move to RI or DE, let them have the most horrendous gun laws & let the rest of the U.S. return to the true 2A, in practice!:supergrin:

Snowman92D
06-09-2007, 13:31
Excellent news! Woooo-hooooo! :rollsmiley:

I've been hoping some of the maufacturers would transplant their operations to here.

cougar_guy04
06-09-2007, 13:53
This would be great. Then maybe I could have more of a hope of firearms related work after Rose and staying in IN (outside of banking on Crane's small arms dept).

epsylum
06-09-2007, 22:49
Originally posted by rhino465
We're building a new industrial/commerce park here in Crawfordsville. My best friend is the mayor and I suggested he write a letter to Springfield Armory and invite them to consider moving their operation here.

They completely ignored him.

I know we only have about 15-17,000 (legal) residents, so we're a small town, but to ignore the mayor representing a town in good faith like that is just rude.

That sucks. That is one gun company I would love to have here. I would go visit them to thank them for making my 1911 Champion LW Operator so friggin awesome. :supergrin:

I have also noticed quite an abundance of 1911 gunsmiths residing in Arkansas. I used to live there and other than chicken farming and Wal-Mart, there isn't much else going on there.

Indiana needs more racing (yes even more ;) )and gun businesses here. Two things I love and love about this state.

kahrcarrier
06-10-2007, 08:29
Naw. I think the Legislature is more interested in finding ways to expand gambling without seeming to appear that they are expanding gambling.

rhino465
06-10-2007, 17:14
Maybe we should start a grassroots lobbying campaign to lure them here.

cougar_guy04
06-10-2007, 17:32
Originally posted by rhino465
Maybe we should start a grassroots lobbying campaign to lure them here.
I'd be game for helping out with that. :)