Duluth, run for the border [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Duluth, run for the border

WhatYouWant
06-09-2007, 09:42
How long would it take to get from Duluth into Canada? I know there is not a land crossing in Duluth. Wife wants to visit Duluth (for some strange reason) and I figure i'll be close to Canada and may try and make a border crossing so I can say i've been outside the US...even if its Canada, eh.

EAJuggalo
06-09-2007, 16:10
I believe it's another hour and a half or so. But remember the new rules, you have to either have your passport or a receipt showing that you've applied for your passport or they won't let you in.

WhatYouWant
06-09-2007, 16:49
Distance is not that bad.

Passport rules for land crossing don't take effect until 2008 ;) Only air & boat I think were 2007.

PeterJasonMN
06-12-2007, 00:26
Try more like 2.5 to 3 hours depending on traffic.

WhatYouWant
07-02-2007, 18:36
Well, made the trip to Duluth but no further north. Went to Enger's (sp?) tower and saw the nice view. Still think the bridge I can touch from the underside is freeky (Canal Park). I think those people swimming in the lake were crazy...I only stuck my pinkie into it.

Now, for a laugh I have never heard the term Tropical Weather associated with Minnesota and you had Canadian Relief.

The people we visited started the conversion process on me. Teaching me uff da, u-betcha and a little dinner. Taking me fishing on a lake to catch northerns morning and night. Next visit...winter or hunting season depending upon schedules.

EAJuggalo
07-03-2007, 01:07
You can't go wrong with either Ice Fishing or Deer Hunting up in that part of the state.