Boss [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boss

JohnJak
06-10-2007, 06:36
Did you ever go to a gas/service station and have the attendant call you BOSS and smile? I just found out that it means "Stupid Son Of a Beach". So the next time you go to pay the fine attendant for your gas smile and say thanks BOSS.

coverdog
06-10-2007, 10:53
I never heard that before. Who told you that? I think they are jerking your chain.

JohnJak
06-10-2007, 16:43
When you spell BOSS backwards that's what the letters stand for. It came right from the horses mouth. Give it a whirl next time you pay for your gas.

PDogSniper
06-15-2007, 04:58
Originally posted by coverdog
I never heard that before. Who told you that? I think they are jerking your chain.

Me too...! I frequent several places and know the mangers quite well and they call me that... Boss has never bothered me...

Funny this should come up as I've been wanting to start a thread in GNG about Counter persons using slang in reference to persons... My personal gripe is being called Bubb....

gsbell
06-15-2007, 06:09
Friend who used to own a truck accessory shop used to start humming the tune from Wizard of Oz "If I only had a brain" when he would get a particularly brilliant customer in the shop.

dougwtx
06-15-2007, 06:54
I'm called boss or chief quite a bit at gas stations. Guess I'm stupid, but at least I'm not working behind the counter of a gas station. :) (I don't even want to know what chief stands for backwards)

note to the politically correct: not meant to be demeaning to gas station workers.