The anticipation is killing me... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The anticipation is killing me...


Norman
06-10-2007, 12:13
I'm awaiting the recommendation of a very good friend and Master Mason, and perhaps the blessing of the gentleman who recommended my friend when he joined some years back, who is supposed to be very high up on the totem pole here in Florida.

I am looking to join the Masonic brotherhood and the Gainesville #41 Lodge.


I don't want to keep pestering my good friend, but... hurry up already! :supergrin:

jrr6602
06-11-2007, 19:06
I don't know how things are in Florida. In Texas you fill out an application which has to be signed by 2 Master Masons that will vouch for you. The petition is read in open lodge and an investigation committee of three members of the lodge is appointed. They conduct an investigation of you. They report their findings to the secretary of the lodge. The petition is read in open lodge again and the results of the investigation committee. The members vote on whether or not to accept the candidate for initiation. If you are accepted, you will be notified on when to show up at the Lodge to be initiated as an EA.

Norman
06-12-2007, 16:40
So THAT'S why someone was tailing me today. :supergrin: ;)

grecco
06-13-2007, 12:34
Originally posted by jrr6602
I don't know how things are in Florida. In Texas you fill out an application which has to be signed by 2 Master Masons that will vouch for you. The petition is read in open lodge and an investigation committee of three members of the lodge is appointed. They conduct an investigation of you. They report their findings to the secretary of the lodge. The petition is read in open lodge again and the results of the investigation committee. The members vote on whether or not to accept the candidate for initiation. If you are accepted, you will be notified on when to show up at the Lodge to be initiated as an EA.

yep, done the same way in Pa.

zoyter2
06-19-2007, 05:38
Same here in 'Bama.

I remember the LOOOOONNNNGGGGG wait as well!:supergrin:

jetboatdriver
06-20-2007, 08:46
Originally posted by Norman
I'm awaiting the recommendation of a very good friend and Master Mason, and perhaps the blessing of the gentleman who recommended my friend when he joined some years back, who is supposed to be very high up on the totem pole here in Florida.

I am looking to join the Masonic brotherhood and the Gainesville #41 Lodge.


I don't want to keep pestering my good friend, but... hurry up already! :supergrin:

I know the feeling. I got "the call" two days ago, went to there last night. The investigation was already completed, I had my interview and possibly was voted on last night. Now I am waiting on the "real Call". Should hear in a couple of days. :banana:

mmsig229
06-20-2007, 11:56
Originally posted by jetboatdriver
I know the feeling. I got "the call" two days ago, went to there last night. The investigation was already completed, I had my interview and possibly was voted on last night. Now I am waiting on the "real Call". Should hear in a couple of days. :banana:

You should receive a phone call from the secretary soon. We go dark in July and August so hopefully they were able to complete the balloting at the last meeting. Congrats on beginning your journey!!!!

Norman
06-20-2007, 17:05
Originally posted by mmsig229
You should receive a phone call from the secretary soon. We go dark in July and August so hopefully they were able to complete the balloting at the last meeting. Congrats on beginning your journey!!!!

Do all lodges go "dark" during those two months? I really don't want to have to wait until September.

:sad:

mmsig229
06-20-2007, 17:32
Originally posted by Norman
Do all lodges go "dark" during those two months? I really don't want to have to wait until September.

:sad:

I believe most do, at least in Ohio. The Master can schedule degree work if he wants, but stated meetings are usually not held.