Adjusting for my new PNY Nvidia Video Card?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting for my new PNY Nvidia Video Card??

Redsnake
06-12-2007, 09:26
I just installed a new PNY GeForce 7600 GS/512MB AGP 8x card on my 'old' Dell Dimension 8200 and MAN what a time I had trying to adjust f/my previous PNY GeForce 6200 256MB card.

I had to go thru the hole routine of adjusting colors/contrast/brightness/sharpness/etc.... and it seems to be looking ok now. However, I wonder if I'm missing something or if this should be easier. I keep second guessing my selections. It's like going to the eye doctor and they're getting your prescription close and they do the "Is number 1 better or number 2, number 1 or number 2..." (hopefully others of you know what I'm talking about. :)

Is there some type of auto adjust mechanism that will do this for me and balance everything digitally????

Maybe not, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

chbix
06-13-2007, 10:19
adjust what exactly? the various colors, brightness, etc are all very personal, what you like isnt what I like, etc. I do know that most video cards ive put in are pretty good, however there are some that i have had that needed to be tweaked all over to make it look right.

I think your sol with having to manual set it up how you want it.

Redsnake
06-13-2007, 11:26
well to be more specific when I installed the new graphics card, my Screen Resolutions went to h#ll and all my pics and videos became very grainy and fuzzy. It was as though I downgraded in a major way.

I understand what you're saying about each of us having our likes and dislikes... I just wondered if there was something that would automatically get me close, then I could fine-tune the rest.

The way it is, I started f/scratch (so to speak) and had to build everything up. Just wanted to know if there was something faster and easier.

chbix
06-13-2007, 12:59
there might be a few standard default settings. I know certain ones have like a default default, better performance defaults, better quality defaults, etc. You might want to see if there are somethings like that you could flip through to find a better starting point.