Private shooting range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Private shooting range


maomanila
06-13-2007, 02:03
Hi guys,

I need your advice about setting up a very small shooting range at home (in a village in QC). Now that most of the kids are gone, I was thinking of converting my basement or attic into a range for my private use. It can also serve as a gun lab where I can tinker with my toys and do ballistic tests.

Can I legally do this? Do I need to get any sort of permit from crame? Perhaps I can renovate the place in a way that it will be totally soundproof, so now one will know. ;)

How should I proceed?

Maraming salamat,
Mao

mikol
06-13-2007, 02:24
Originally posted by maomanila
Hi guys,

I need your advice about setting up a very small shooting range at home (in a village in QC). Now that most of the kids are gone, I was thinking of converting my basement or attic into a range for my private use. It can also serve as a gun lab where I can tinker with my toys and do ballistic tests.

Can I legally do this? Do I need to get any sort of permit from crame? Perhaps I can renovate the place in a way that it will be totally soundproof, so now one will know. ;)

How should I proceed?

Maraming salamat,
Mao
mao magandang umaga kapatid.
ang pagkakaalam ko bro is that you need to secure a permeit from FED.
meron silang form tsaka reqs. list para sa private shooting range.
meron mga safety reqs. din na kailangan sundin, tapus meron pa ata site inspection. if you go legit. try to ask FED about it.

pero kung gusto mo "renovation" sa basement mo to make it as your toys area without all the hussles(not adviseable though)
, mag search ka nalang sa inet about shooting range plans & set-ups.

TTPower
06-13-2007, 06:46
i think it would be better to go legit on this... imagine this scenario. ur firing ur guns in ur attic or basement, somehow ur neighbors heard the gun shots (or may naingit syo... or worst may naiinis syo) calls the police and report they heard shots fired inside ur house. the cops thinking u killed some1 in ur house.... raids ur house, they see all ur guns and they like ur guns.... good-bye nice guns :sad: hassle lang yan bro :)

saki1611
06-13-2007, 07:54
Originally posted by TTPower
i think it would be better to go legit on this... imagine this scenario. ur firing ur guns in ur attic or basement, somehow ur neighbors heard the gun shots (or may naingit syo... or worst may naiinis syo) calls the police and report they heard shots fired inside ur house. the cops thinking u killed some1 in ur house.... raids ur house, they see all ur guns and they like ur guns.... good-bye nice guns :sad: hassle lang yan bro :)

100% i agree!

gundog
06-13-2007, 07:57
dre, punta nlg sa range alaws ka pa problema :thumbsup:

9MX
06-13-2007, 09:30
Originally posted by gundog
dre, punta nlg sa range alaws ka pa problema :thumbsup:

korek! lapit lang ng armscor, karingal, at pbd range sayo.

horge
06-13-2007, 16:46
The PNP-FED guidelines on permit approval for a firing range
seem to exclude any possibility of establishing a private
firing range at home.

Besides, you wouldn't want all that lead dust around your family.

:)

HEAVY
06-13-2007, 17:36
Originally posted by horge
you wouldn't want all that lead dust around your family.

:)

i quite agree.

it's hazardous. in more ways than one. :)

maomanila
06-13-2007, 18:55
Many many thanks guys for your advice. Deeply appreciated.

I can see it is a unanimous decision: NO to a private range at home. Many risks involved.

Back to Tough Guys range.

Best wishes to all.

Gumagalang,
Mao.

revo
06-13-2007, 20:50
Somebody should at least ask where he lives.

Eh kung sa Fuga island siya nakatira, baka OK.

No problem

hehe

cznayr
06-13-2007, 22:47
I have a friend who has his own shooting range. Complete yung indoor range.. It is located in one of the villages in tandang sora, QC and I know this guy to be very prudent. I'll ask how they have done it and complied with the necessary permits and will get back to you.

Edited to add: Also the reange is a structure separate from their house, sound proofed and with all the indoor range equipment and 5 shooting bays if I remember it right. (The last time I got a look at it was five years ago)

charlie-xray
06-14-2007, 11:32
#1 na kalaban diyan is kapag may NAINGGIT.

Valor1
06-14-2007, 20:28
Years ago, my uncle's friend converted a 40 foot cargo container into a shooting bay. He did some soundproofing and the result is amazing. Wala ka talaga maririnig sa labas. Yun nga lang, you need more space. Malaki yung bakuran nya at nilagyan pa ng katakot na di ko alam to avoid ricochets, overpenetration and sound blasts. Engineer kasi yun saka may edad na rin kaya wala ng magawa.:supergrin: