DHL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DHL

ahtsay
06-13-2007, 09:19
I ordered some books online...and in order to save shipping, I had it shipped to my sister in Canada. Kala ng sister ko urgent so she shipped it here via DHL. The books are worth mga $150.00, which was declared in the way bill. You'll never believe how much "taxes & duties" they charged me.

COST 150.00
FREIGHT 54.50
INSURANCE & PACKING 10.50
DUTIABLE VALUE $ 215.00
x RATE OF EXCHANGE 46.112

DUTIABLE VALUE Php 9914.08
x RATE OF DUTY 0.05
CUSTOMS DUTY 496.00

TAXABLES

CUSTOMS DUTY 496.00
BROKERAGE FEE 700.00
CUSTOMS DOC. STAMPS 265.00
IMPORT PROC. FEE 250.00
LANDED COST Php 11625.08
x VAT RATE 12%
VAT 1395.01

SUMMARY

CUSTOMS DUTY 496
VAT 1395
IMPORT PROC. FEE 250
TOTAL CUSTOMS CHARGES 2141
DUTY HANDLING FEE 280.00
INFORMAL ENTRY FORM 298.60
TOTAL CHARGES 2719.60

Notice customs duty is only 496.00, pero look at Brokerage Fee, Doc Stamps, Import Proc. Fee...may VAT pa! Tapos meron pang Duty Handling Fee, Informal Entry Form :upeyes: for a grand total of P2,719.60. :steamed:

I've had things imported via UPS and I didn't recall having to pay this much tax for it. I really feel that these charges are either bogus or overpriced. Pero I really don't have a choice. Kaya sabi nila, learn from other people's mistake....please learn from mine. This will be my last business transaction with DHL.

mikol
06-13-2007, 09:49
Originally posted by ahtsay
I ordered some books online...and in order to save shipping, I had it shipped to my sister in Canada. Kala ng sister ko urgent so she shipped it here via DHL. The books are worth mga $150.00, which was declared in the way bill. You'll never believe how much "taxes & duties" they charged me.

COST 150.00
FREIGHT 54.50
INSURANCE & PACKING 10.50
DUTIABLE VALUE $ 215.00
x RATE OF EXCHANGE 46.112

x RATE OF DUTY 0.05
CUSTOMS DUTY 496.00

TAXABLES

CUSTOMS DUTY 496.00
BROKERAGE FEE 700.00
CUSTOMS DOC. STAMPS 265.00
IMPORT PROC. FEE 250.00
LANDED COST Php 11625.08
x VAT RATE 12%
VAT 1395.01

SUMMARY

CUSTOMS DUTY 496
VAT 1395
IMPORT PROC. FEE 250
TOTAL CUSTOMS CHARGES 2141
DUTY HANDLING FEE 280.00
INFORMAL ENTRY FORM 298.60
TOTAL CHARGES 2719.60

Notice customs duty is only 496.00, pero look at Brokerage Fee, Doc Stamps, Import Proc. Fee...may VAT pa! Tapos meron pang Duty Handling Fee, Informal Entry Form :upeyes: for a grand total of P2,719.60. :steamed:

I've had things imported via UPS and I didn't recall having to pay this much tax for it. I really feel that these charges are either bogus or overpriced. Pero I really don't have a choice. Kaya sabi nila, learn from other people's mistake....please learn from mine. This will be my last business transaction with DHL.

nasubukan kuna yan before ahtsay.
tried to ask DHL kung magkano charge to send something diyan sa pinas mula dito sa jeddah.
mantakin mo ba namang halus 2x ang charge nila kaysa doon sa price noong ipapadala ko sana????

kaya ginawa ko nalang waited for 2-weeks, tapus pinadala ko nalang sa kasama ko dito na babakasyon diyan sa pinas.
tapus he send it via LBC to cebu, less than 200 petot lang binayaran ko. :supergrin:

cshermiel
06-13-2007, 10:17
Originally posted by mikol
nasubukan kuna yan before ahtsay.
tried to ask DHL kung magkano charge to send something diyan sa pinas mula dito sa jeddah.
mantakin mo ba namang halus 2x ang charge nila kaysa doon sa price noong ipapadala ko sana????

kaya ginawa ko nalang waited for 2-weeks, tapus pinadala ko nalang sa kasama ko dito na babakasyon diyan sa pinas.
tapus he send it via LBC to cebu, less than 200 petot lang binayaran ko. :supergrin:

sir mikol,
you're in jeddah? sir, have you tried the services of sky freight there? baka mas mura. they also have an office in cebu.

mikol
06-13-2007, 10:33
Originally posted by cshermiel
sir mikol,
you're in jeddah? sir, have you tried the services of sky freight there? baka mas mura. they also have an office in cebu.
yup im here in jeddah.
di ko pa nasubukan ang sky freight.
nakikita ko nga mga posters nila sa grocery stores, calendars & shopping centers dito.
kalimitan din naman kasi maliliit lang na bagay ang pinapadala ko.
pero kung meron akong ipapa-bagahe papunta diyan sa pinas, subukan ko sky freight. :supergrin:

ilocano
06-13-2007, 11:35
ahtsay,

had the same experience with DHL. My advise is reject the shipment on delivery- make them aware that you find the cost absurd. wait for a few days- they'll come back with revised costings!!! worked for me 3x now.. basta mag galit-galitan ka lang, call their manager and scream like hell:laughabove:

cshermiel
06-13-2007, 14:02
Originally posted by mikol
yup im here in jeddah.
di ko pa nasubukan ang sky freight.
nakikita ko nga mga posters nila sa grocery stores, calendars & shopping centers dito.
kalimitan din naman kasi maliliit lang na bagay ang pinapadala ko.
pero kung meron akong ipapa-bagahe papunta diyan sa pinas, subukan ko sky freight. :supergrin:

try their services po, sir. they can facilitate small packages(a box of cellphone) to 40-foot containers. by the way, its 100% pinoy owned company. kaya puro, kabayan ang tao dyan. also, if you are a TFC subscriber, you can pay through their offices there in jeddah. :thumbsup:

Valor1
06-13-2007, 17:06
Never liked their service. Maraming corupt dyan. I once had some items shipped halos 3/4 ng price ang binibigay nilang taxes. Sabi ko doon sa nakausap ko, deliver mo muna at babayaran ko yan. I gave them the address to our office and I asked the messenger to just receive it. Dumating yung items at ni-receive ng messenger. Sabi ng tao ko pinagbilinan lang sya kaya wala syang pambayad sa taxes. Walang nagawa yung taga-dhl kundi iwan yung items.

I also ordered items worth $70. The are charging me P 1,500 for taxs, etc. Sabi ko sa DHL, inyo na yan at isaksak sa baga nyo. Kahit 100% Pinoy yan, very disappointing. I've had better experiences with the others like FedEx, UPS, EMS, etc.

Eye Cutter
06-13-2007, 18:17
i agree. i ordered books from amazon.com using their priority shipping. dhl pala ginagamit nila. from the duties and taxes i paid, it came out more expensive than if i bought it at powerbooks! syete!

next order ko sa amazon, i used standard shipping. matagal nga lang, more than 2 weeks, pero wala na hassle.

kaso nasunog kahapon yung EMS facility sa Pasay. So hold on internet orders muna for sometime.

PMMA97
06-13-2007, 18:21
A friend of mine in California sent me a KNN filter for my car through DHL. The cost of the filter was about $120++ and the declared amount was the same. DHL was asking me to pay duties and taxes. I refused to accept the package and emailed my friend who turned out to have already paid taxes and duties beforehand. It's either they are thieves or they have this whacked out system that make them look like crooks.

FEDEX na ako since then.

deenoh
06-13-2007, 19:04
Originally posted by ilocano
ahtsay,

had the same experience with DHL. My advise is reject the shipment on delivery- make them aware that you find the cost absurd. wait for a few days- they'll come back with revised costings!!! worked for me 3x now.. basta mag galit-galitan ka lang, call their manager and scream like hell:laughabove:

This is true. Effective tactic

amd4me
06-13-2007, 19:10
Cant you declare the value as 0$ or have the package sent as a gift?

PMMA97
06-13-2007, 19:19
Originally posted by amd4me

This could work in some instances but for online orders and other business transactions via www the tru value is declared for insurance purposes...I guess.

vega
06-13-2007, 19:22
Originally posted by amd4me
Nothing wrong with that. I knew someone would chime.

ETA - We always use Fedex and UPS but more on Fedex if going out of the country. I tried using DHL and it gave us nothing but problems. They lost 2 of our boxes before and nobody at DHL could help us. They got tired of me asking for status so they changed the tracking from lost to delivered. The recipient never did receive the package because he was still asking for it. I ended up replacing the item to make our customer happy.

One of our customers prefer DHL charge to their account, just this afternoon I got a bill for $160 which we shipped this month. I have to call them to reverse the charges.

ahtsay
06-13-2007, 19:38
I sent them this email right after I read the replies to this thread. Anne is the name of the girl that I correspond with na taga customer service.

"Anne, after much deliberation please don't deliver the books, I change my mind. I really feel wronged in this transaction. I will call a lawyer and contemplate legal action. Please don't deliver the books, I do not agree to pay the amount you have just calculated as it is too high and unreasonable. There are a lot of costs that I am not even sure what they are for."

:laughabove: With that said...nasaan si pareng GMV?? :supergrin:

KevlarSix
06-13-2007, 20:27
It's not only happening to the Philippines. Seems like it's a worldwide DHL phenomenon.

http://www.latitude38.com/letters/200405.htm
http://www.my3cents.com/companyReview.cgi?compid=139&subcat=1

KevlarSix
06-13-2007, 20:31
Even here is Southern Mindanao, I had a package from Copquest shipped by DHL. Was made to pay taxes for a $20 item. Very arrogant people there too. When I formally introduced myself and what I represented, Suddenly they became very friendly. Still had to pay 600 pesos for a $20 item though.. Never had any problems with UPS or Fedex

mikol
06-13-2007, 22:59
Originally posted by cshermiel
try their services po, sir. they can facilitate small packages(a box of cellphone) to 40-foot containers. by the way, its 100% pinoy owned company. kaya puro, kabayan ang tao dyan. also, if you are a TFC subscriber, you can pay through their offices there in jeddah. :thumbsup:
aba ok pala kung pwede kahit cellphone lang padala mo.
i was thinking kasi na ang minimum nila to accept package is 10kg.
wala kami TFC ngayon, ayaw na kasing mag-renew mga kasama namin sa bahay kasi gustong naman daw subukan ang GM7.(hindi pa magka-sundo sa ngayon)
yup saw their small booth inside Sarawat Supermarket here in Jeddah.
thanks sa heads-up cshermiel.:)

charlie-xray
06-14-2007, 11:21
We almost had a boxing match with DHL the other day, as we ship our Cultures from Switzerland to Riyadh via DHL, after 3 years of dealing with them they decided to screw us big time by holding the shipment till we pay scandalous handling fees as our cultures are refrigerated in small packages with its own power pack. These people have no understanding of the big bold letters on top of the package saying this product will expire on.

Eye Cutter
06-14-2007, 18:45
charlie x-ray: please empty your private messages. puno na raw

Valor1
06-14-2007, 19:17
I made the solution to DHL simple. Never ko na sila ipa-patronize. I will tell all my friends and their friends. :supergrin:

Astra22
06-15-2007, 01:47
I just got a call from UPS today regarding an item I ordered online. The lady informed me that I have an incoming shipment from the US and I need to pay P3,160 for duties and Taxes!:frown:

The item that I ordered only cost around $97 and shipping cost is $30.

I asked the lady to give me a breakdown but she can't provide me with the details. She just reasoned that this will not be paid to UPS but to the Bu. of Customs. B%$# S@3T!

To cut the long story short, I just told the lady to just return the items to the sender, and i'm cancelling my order!

just like the other guys here, i'v orderd several items online in the past with good results. I wonder why this time na tyempuhan ako!

Swertehan yata!

:burn: :burn: :burn:

ahtsay
06-17-2007, 09:30
:sad: Looks like I would have to cave in to these fees. After emailing them my letter, I never got a reply and I need those books na eh. Astra22, BS talaga charges nila. If you look at the breakdown, 5% lang duties and taxes...its the other fees that they add kaya ang laki ng charges. Pero wala tayong magagawa eh...at this day and age, ganito na bagong version ng high-way robbery. :upeyes:

deenoh
06-17-2007, 19:34
Try calling them personally. I did that and they recalculated the fees after a day.