Medical info tattoo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Medical info tattoo

Hoppes No.9
06-14-2007, 15:34
Have any of the you EMS/Fire/or even Military folks seen someone with a tattoo referencing their medical history, allergies, diseases, bloodtype etc...?

Would this info be helpful to EMS or emergency room staff after a person has either been involved in a critical or SHTF incident? Or would it be a waste of tattoo ink and time?

If helpful, my assumption is that the best place to put the tattoo would be on the torso. Of course, I've been wrong before.

RyanNREMTP
06-16-2007, 19:04
I'm no expert on tattoos but I'd figure as the person gets older, and more medical history piles up the skin would be harder to place more tattoos.

I'd be happy with a government issue highlighter as seen below.

Hoppes No.9
06-17-2007, 20:52
:laughabove: .....fair enough.

MOTHERGREEN
06-17-2007, 21:18
just get a necklace or bracelet.. golly

Skintop911
06-22-2007, 14:11
Originally posted by Hoppes No.9
Have any of the you EMS/Fire/or even Military folks seen someone with a tattoo referencing their medical history, allergies, diseases, bloodtype etc...?...Would this info be helpful to EMS or emergency room staff

I know of several folks who've had tats resembling medic-alert tags, with pertinent information regarding their condition or allergy. They are featured in the places you'd normally checked.

I know some military folks who have had a bloodtype-NKA tat on their arms or chest. More trend than function.

Helpful? If medic-alert jewelry became lost, it indeed could be.

Shrike30
07-03-2007, 17:09
If you're trying to pick a place that isn't your cheekbone or forehead, I'd say the left forearm/bicep would probably be your best spot. Given the layout of many ambulances, that's the first place a lot of EMT's go to try and find heart rate and blood pressure.