norinco tactical shotgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : norinco tactical shotgun

Dok
06-15-2007, 04:14
guys, i need help. i need input regarding norinco shotgun. yung tactical model-folding butt. owner willing to trade it with my armscor 1911 9mm. his unit is brand new

blueeagle
06-15-2007, 05:08
anong model? side-folding o top-folding. these particular SGs are Ithaca 37 clones though they are not 100% interchangeable with the original Ithaca SGs. from what i've heard, usually failure to load ng last round ang complaints. like other norcs these are a little rough with regards the finish but they are supposed to be built to last.:)

antediluvianist
06-15-2007, 08:00
Try these folding stock shotguns before you plunk your money down. They tend to be uncomfortable to shoot.

blueeagle
06-15-2007, 09:10
madugo ang folding stock. its like being hit in the face and shoulders with a hard object.

Dok
06-15-2007, 18:05
it is a side folding stock. here's a picture (borrowed from marstar canada).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/clowid/untitled.jpg

that's what i'm afraid of, a lots of complaints regarding metal stock. I was hoping a full buttstock can be installed. it will be a used as a house gun with a few range time.

Dok
06-15-2007, 21:27
got to see the unit today. as usual for a norinco, roughly built but you can feel also that it's very solid. exactly the same with the picture. the folding stock is made of hard polymer or plastic of some kind with a rubber butt.

blueeagle
06-16-2007, 09:08
some people say that a shottie is not the ideal house gun. i am inclined to agree with them. it is bulky, hard to maneuver around tight spaces, it is very loud and the chances of hitting others or,God forbid ,family members is very high. on the plus side, the sound alone of an SG being racked will frighten most BGs and if you do get to shoot and hit an intruder you are certain that he will go down and stay down. sa competition, i think SGs with pistol grips and folding stocks are not allowed. BUT, as they say " to each his own". the deal you are going into is fair enough.:)

BL33D 4 M3
06-16-2007, 09:11
Originally posted by blueeagle
some people say that a shottie is not the ideal house gun. i am inclined to agree with them. it is bulky, hard to maneuver around tight spaces, it is very loud and the chances of hitting others or,God forbid ,family members is very high. on the plus side, the sound alone of an SG being racked will frighten most BGs and if you do get to shoot and hit an intruder you are certain that he will go down and stay down. sa competition, i think SGs with pistol grips and folding stocks are not allowed. BUT, as they say " to each his own". the deal you are going into is fair enough.:)
Shotgun is the IDEAL house gun. Close quarters, very potent, hard to miss.

blueeagle
06-16-2007, 09:19
for your reference, the Norinco YL12-1JF (the SG with the top-folding stock)is approximately P14,500(including the license).

vega
06-16-2007, 16:52
Originally posted by BL33D 4 M3
+1

Valor1
06-16-2007, 18:11
Any gunstores offering Norinco's clone of the Remington 870 shotgun? Looking and waiting is hell.

kamelot
06-17-2007, 03:42
Originally posted by BL33D 4 M3

+2 :laughabove:

I would not be happy with a folding stock or a pistol grip though.

antediluvianist
06-17-2007, 04:00
"..the chances of hitting others or,God forbid ,family members is very high."

The shot does not scatter as much as in the movies. Unless you're firing bird shot - small pellets - at 15 meters or so (not likely indoors), the diameter of the hit circle will be like a 4-inch pieplate or less if within normal 3-5 meters shooting range insode a house. The intruder will not continue whatever he was doing.

KevlarSix
06-17-2007, 07:56
Originally posted by Valor1
Any gunstores offering Norinco's clone of the Remington 870 shotgun? Looking and waiting is hell.

Same here. Waiting for 1 to pop up here.

Dok
06-17-2007, 17:47
for your reference, the Norinco YL12-1JF (the SG with the top-folding stock)is approximately P14,500(including the license).

The owner is willing to add cash aside from the unit. a good deal though. i will try to shoot it today. let's see if i will like it. thank you for all the replies.:supergrin:

Dok
06-17-2007, 18:01

The owner is willing to add cash aside from the unit. a good deal though. i will try to shoot it today. let's see if i will like it. thank you for all the replies.:supergrin: