Basspro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Basspro

itsnitro
06-16-2007, 08:37
So....Went to the Basspro down in Diana Beach / Ft. Liquordale (Lauderale), got there, nice place... oh, it was me, my brother, and my g/f....get up stairs to the range, tell the lady we want a riffle range and a pistol range. "OK" she says... "every one 21?" I'm 23, brother 32, g/f....19.... I reply "No...she's 19" clerk "She can't shoot the pistol but can the rifle's". Now at this point I am pissed. I see nothing in writing at the store or on the website that says you have to be 21 to shoot a privately own pistol at a range.
what really erked me was that the clerk was so rude about it and also I called down there prior to going and was asking questions such as cost of lanes per person/lenght, bring own ammo... well they were so stuck on "NO RELOADS" they didn't say anything bout being 21yoa which I think they should have.

All in all.. I ended up making my g/f (not basspros fault as we could have left..) wait an hours while my brother and I shot the rifles. the place was pretty nice! roomy, only has 2 riffle ranges but like 10 pistol. A/C was broken on the riffle side. never made it to the pistol side. so... it was again a nice place. $10/PP/HR - Pistol $6PP/.5hr. they give LEO Discounts also..

noway
06-16-2007, 18:33
that's news to me. I could have swear that I've seen kids shoot supervised in the pistol lane.

Have you talk to the manager?

itsnitro
06-17-2007, 06:14
Originally posted by noway
that's news to me. I could have swear that I've seen kids shoot supervised in the pistol lane.

Have you talk to the manager?

Not yet, I plan on talking to them on tomorrow, Monday, because that is nonsense! but also the female clerk said it would be ok if she were married to my brother, the cop...like ok... so it's his wife and just because he is a cop she would let her shoot the pistol? now don't get me wrong, I am pro-cop, but that isn't right on the STORES part....and that right there tell's me it's a stupid little rule that obviously be broken. :( but again... nice place to shoot at.. at least for pistols...rifles not to happy with at the moment.. but hey... we all cant be pleased 24/7! :) thanks for reading!

hurricanezUM
06-24-2007, 01:20
Originally posted by itsnitro
So....Went to the Basspro down in Diana Beach / Ft. Liquordale (Lauderale), got there, nice place... oh, it was me, my brother, and my g/f....get up stairs to the range, tell the lady we want a riffle range and a pistol range. "OK" she says... "every one 21?" I'm 23, brother 32, g/f....19.... I reply "No...she's 19" clerk "She can't shoot the pistol but can the rifle's". Now at this point I am pissed. I see nothing in writing at the store or on the website that says you have to be 21 to shoot a privately own pistol at a range.
what really erked me was that the clerk was so rude about it and also I called down there prior to going and was asking questions such as cost of lanes per person/lenght, bring own ammo... well they were so stuck on "NO RELOADS" they didn't say anything bout being 21yoa which I think they should have.

All in all.. I ended up making my g/f (not basspros fault as we could have left..) wait an hours while my brother and I shot the rifles. the place was pretty nice! roomy, only has 2 riffle ranges but like 10 pistol. A/C was broken on the riffle side. never made it to the pistol side. so... it was again a nice place. $10/PP/HR - Pistol $6PP/.5hr. they give LEO Discounts also..

Sounds like the exact lady i ran into, and the same problem i had when bringing my little sister (17). They talk like they think they have the FL Firearms Laws embedded into their DNA code.

After range hoping for a little, i shoot at Big Als for pistol (couple exits south of bass pro, off halandale blvd. Leave your gf at home and stop at Scarletts on the way home) and Markham for rifle. Both are very curtious and professional. Big als minus the distance, i cant think of any negatives. Markham minus the wait times, same. I live in Boca/Deerfield area so Markham and Big al'are a little of a hike.

Lowell
07-02-2007, 20:12
Originally posted by noway

I have been taking my 16 year old twins to the pistol side of the range for more than a year....they cant shoot unsupervised, i gotta stand behind em, but that's fine with me...safety first...

itsnitro
07-02-2007, 22:58
Originally posted by Lowell
I have been taking my 16 year old twins to the pistol side of the range for more than a year....they cant shoot unsupervised, i gotta stand behind em, but that's fine with me...safety first...

That is allowed... but being I am not my g/f's dad or husband.. they wouldn't let her... oh well... no more going there!

hammerheadtib
07-03-2007, 21:17
basspro is about an hour away....how are the gun prices there. Would it be worth the trip to go down there and get a gun?

noway
07-04-2007, 15:12
Call before traveling. Some things with rifles are not priced bad. Same for shotguns during the special sales.

Handgun aren't really a bargin at BP.