Selling my Glock 19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Glock 19


LMLuciano
06-16-2007, 10:31
I am going to move back to New York (yeah I know) and I have a Glock 19. Obviously I can't take it with me. How can I sell it to a private citizen in Nevada? I live in Clark County.

EddieMossberg
06-19-2007, 23:03
Well, first you have to find someone to buy it. Then you take that person and the gun to any police substation. Don't forget to bring your ID and the blue card for your gun. NO AMMO of course. The substation will have an entry area where you place the gun under control of an employee. Then you enter the actual building and get a number. You and the purchaser both fill out some paperwork and then your done.
It is very easy, I've done it like 7 or 8 times.

Don't forget to leave your ammo at home and don't enter the lobby until you check the gun at the door. You'll see what I mean when you go. There will be signs and an employee in the front so don't worry!

LMLuciano
06-20-2007, 05:40
Originally posted by EddieMossberg
Well, first you have to find someone to buy it. Then you take that person and the gun to any police substation. Don't forget to bring your ID and the blue card for your gun. NO AMMO of course. The substation will have an entry area where you place the gun under control of an employee. Then you enter the actual building and get a number. You and the purchaser both fill out some paperwork and then your done.
It is very easy, I've done it like 7 or 8 times.

Don't forget to leave your ammo at home and don't enter the lobby until you check the gun at the door. You'll see what I mean when you go. There will be signs and an employee in the front so don't worry!

Thanks,

Sounds like a pretty painless process.

Tecumseh
06-25-2007, 04:20
What if they wish to sell it out of state? I ask this for someone on another forum.

Thanks for the replies.

LMLuciano
06-26-2007, 12:07
Thanks to all. It has been sold.

EddieMossberg
06-30-2007, 21:19
Originally posted by Tecumseh
What if they wish to sell it out of state? I ask this for someone on another forum.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I have not done that.

SomeDay
07-01-2007, 00:14
Originally posted by LMLuciano
I am going to move back to New York (yeah I know) and I have a Glock 19. Obviously I can't take it with me. How can I sell it to a private citizen in Nevada? I live in Clark County.

I know I should know this, but it's late and I'm too lazy to search, why can't you own a G-19 in New York?

LMLuciano
07-04-2007, 21:38
Because I don't have a NYS Pistol Permit.

SomeDay
07-06-2007, 22:09
Originally posted by LMLuciano
Because I don't have a NYS Pistol Permit.
You have to have a pistol permit to OWN a pistol! And I thought I had it bad in Kali, sorry.