Ranges In Fayetteville/Jacksonville [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ranges In Fayetteville/Jacksonville

Doc_Fuller
06-16-2007, 16:54
Hello all,
My name is Anthony and I am a shootaholic. Ok bad joke. The reason I am writing this is because I am looking for a outdoor rifle range close to the homestead. I am currently out of the US, but when I get home ( in a few months ) I would like to not have to drive 2hrs to shoot my rifles. I was thinking I can post the ranges I know and go to, and if anyone uses any different ones please let me know.

1. Flat Woods, Hubert NC(close to work 5-10min, far from home 2hrs)- Decent out door range, has rentals, clay throwers, a "Pro Shop" ( in English a Gun shop ), archery ranges and a Pro shop ( English = A bow shop ).
I have honestly only shot here once, and had a decent time. The gentlemen running the shop was helpful, but not that talkative( seemed like all business ) medium selection of guns.
Price was if I remember correctly around $5.00 per hr.
The range is a outdoor 50m pistol side ( use wood target stands, you move to desired range ) and has multiple berms as back stops for the covered bench rifle side I know is at least 50-300m ( fixed target stands in front of the berms )

2. Guns Plus, Spring Lake NC( 10-15min close to home )- Great selection, helpful staff, indoor range, and the only place in Fayetteville or surrounding area that was willing to look for my 2 stolen guns when I called to see if they were pawned. It has a very well maintained indoor range Pistol/Rifle( I have never seen it dirty ) that is 25-30m(donít remember the exact meters). Auto target holders, just put the distance in feet you want to shoot at and hit enter. They also have great deals on Glocks for military personnel.

3. Jims, Fayetteville ( close to home )- Huge selection. Has a 25-30m pistol range indoor (donít remember the exact meters). Staff is helpful and I have purchased 5 guns from them, prices very on guns. You can find good deals here.

4. Deep River Sporting Clays, Sanford NC ( a 30-45min drive) I love this place! It has a 25 station Sporting Clay course, a 5 Stand, and a out door pistol range Aprox 25m. Membership fee is not too bad, and the staff is great. They have a good selection of shotguns that are out of my price range, but I love to drool. The only drawback is I canít shoot a rifle there, or carbine.

Well these are all the ranges I know of, so what am I missing?

xxiv
06-21-2007, 13:37
Fuller...medic for 1/504? I swear I remember you.

I was in B co, Kyle Montgomery (SGT), if it is you, small world!

Doc_Fuller
06-22-2007, 09:03
Sorry Bro,
Not a Army Medic, but a Navy Corpsman. Unless you were a Marine then you got the wrong Doc.

xxiv
06-23-2007, 18:58
Ah no worries. Stay safe, keep low move fast :thumbsup: