Bohn Armor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bohn Armor

oldgraywolf
06-17-2007, 14:58
I've been considering Draggin' Jeans instead of the leather chaps I usually don't wear because they get doggone warm in summer (both weeks of it).

While searching the internet for more info on those, I came across Bohn Armor products, specifically the armored pants and armored shirt. I like the idea of actual armor better than the kevlar in Draggin' Jeans.

It seems that the lycra would be warm under jeans and my leather jacket (which I _always_ wear), so I'm looking for opinions on those products from those who've used them. All feedback is appreciated.

NMGlocker
06-17-2007, 17:19
I have Draggin jeans and Icon underarmor shorts and leg protectors.
The Icon stuff is nice, but HOT in the summer, i'd guess the Bohn is similar.
The Icon would hold up better in a crash, but for a relatively low speed slide, the Draggin jeans would probably save you from getting skin grafts.
I've found that i'd rather wear my one piece AGV leathers rather than the Icon gear because they offer better pro and more ventilation.

USMCsilver
06-18-2007, 06:23
www.newenough.com had Joe Rocket jeans on SALE for $29.99 last week or the week before. Might still be worth a look!

EDIT: Okay, they're "off color" and $35. Still not a bad deal:

http://newenough.com/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/atomic_motorcycle_jeans.html