Ducati 900SS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 900SS

mmsig229
06-19-2007, 12:28
Anyone give me the scoop on these bikes?????? I have a FXST, and a 929RR. I've only ridden the 929RR about 500 miles in the past two years. It belongs on the track not the road (Full race exhaust, and Power Commander). Not too comfy to ride. I spied a 1995 900SS at a dealer. Has about 23,000 miles on it, looks to be in nice shape. They want 5 bills for it. It has NOT had the 24,000 service. I guess that's a biggie. Riding position a little more tame than the 929. Thinking of selling the Honda and possible getting the Duck if I can get a decent deal. Any opinions??????????

fnfalman
06-19-2007, 19:11
Five grands for that Duck? That sounds quite a bit much. It's a desmodue so the engine isn't quite of a nightmare as the watercooled engines to work on. Modest power and modest torque on a sporty chassis that leads to some seriously fun stuff. I ride with an older gent who likes to spin his 900 up and back it into the corners.:shocked:

He did have Race Tech resprung and revalve the rear shock but haven't touched the front yet other than fluid changes.

You give up a lot of oomph going to the 900SS from your 929, but the 900SS is quite agile.

mmsig229
06-19-2007, 19:20
Thanks for chiming in, I was feeling unloved!!!! 5 grand does seem steep especially since the 24,000 check up hasn't been done. Dealers really make me furious. He wants to give me trade in (wholesale) for my 929RR which is in mint condition, and charge full retail for the Duck!!!!!!Know anybody in the NE Ohio area who wants a 929???? I had a complete service done on it right after I bought it. It has newer tires, and a brand new battery. I had some lower fairing work done on it when I bought it. It literally looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.