Gun stores and ranges in the Singer Island area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun stores and ranges in the Singer Island area

secamp32
06-20-2007, 09:26
I'm going down to Singer Island for vacation in a few months and was looking for a gun store to window shop and maybe a range to shoot at if I have the time. Any suggestions?

rich52us
06-20-2007, 09:44
Gator Guns & Archery is probably the closest.

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=msn&STYPE=S&C=&N=Gator+Guns&T=West+Palm+Beahc&S=FL&PP=N&Search=Find+It

Gmountain
06-20-2007, 16:00
West Palm Beach gun show. They do them once a month.

Expo center-link (http://www.southfloridafair.com/)

secamp32
06-27-2007, 21:00
Thanks
I went to the gun show last year but this year we are going a different week.
I'll check out the Gator if I can dump the wife and kids at the Playmobile place for an hour.

edbird45
06-29-2007, 13:20
Gator makes you buy their crappy reloads to use the range. Their gun prices are a great source of local amusement. Not much choice elsewhere, Palm Beach Shooting Center is nicer and has better ammo, but you still have to buy theirs. Their retail prices are not as bad, though. It's off the 10th Ave exit on the I95.

Does anyone know if Chuck's Guns in Jupiter is still open? I was there once after they first opened but haven't been by since.

secamp32
06-29-2007, 14:40
I really don't want to put anybodies crappy reloads thru my brand new Glock. Can you buy factory ammo like wwb or something like that from them and shoot that?

rich52us
06-29-2007, 15:37
Originally posted by edbird45

Does anyone know if Chuck's Guns in Jupiter is still open? I was there once after they first opened but haven't been by since.

I believe they're still open. I called the a number of weeks ago looking for an LE discount Glock. He said they were a Glock LE dealer, but refused to give me a price over the phone. Made me think they weren't really an LE dealer. I did my business elsewhere.

Gmountain
06-30-2007, 06:15
I went to Chucks last week. It's okay, but not the greatest store. Clean and bright though. I'll give him that.

Gator sucks, so does PB Shooting Center. I's stay away from Gator at all costs.

There is Gun's Etc, in Stuart-he has a lot of guns and let's you handle them. Prices are a little high, but he'll deal. The other store in Stuart, Self Defense, is sky high and out of sight. Lots of guns, but they are rude and sell guns OVER msrp.

edbird45
06-30-2007, 21:44
Unless you head south towards Broward or north towards Orlando the pickins' are slim in PB county for window shopping. There is an outdoor range in Indiantown, about 30-40 minute drive from where you'll be, straight up the Beeline Highway. JR Outfitters, there are threads about it on this board probably in this section. Bring your own everything.

Gmountain
07-01-2007, 05:05
Originally posted by edbird45
There is an outdoor range in Indiantown, about 30-40 minute drive from where you'll be, straight up the Beeline Highway. JR Outfitters, there are threads about it on this board probably in this section. Bring your own everything.

They are closed for the summer, starting July 2.