Another Firefox problem: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Firefox problem:

thetoastmaster
06-20-2007, 21:10
Forgive me, I'm not much of a computer person. I can run Firefox, usually. I just updated to 1.5.0.12, and have having a problem with my security features. When I open the "options" window, under "tools" and configure my setting, it will not apply them. At the bottom of the window are three boxes: "Okay", "Cancel", and "Help". I cannot click the "Okay" button (I mean I can put the arrow on it and click the mouse all the live-long day, but nothing happens).

Any help?

-Bo

IndyGunFreak
06-20-2007, 21:40
Originally posted by thetoastmaster
Forgive me, I'm not much of a computer person. I can run Firefox, usually. I just updated to 1.5.0.12, and have having a problem with my security features. When I open the "options" window, under "tools" and configure my setting, it will not apply them. At the bottom of the window are three boxes: "Okay", "Cancel", and "Help". I cannot click the "Okay" button (I mean I can put the arrow on it and click the mouse all the live-long day, but nothing happens).

Any help?

-Bo

Well, first and formost, unless your using the Romanian version of Firefox, that version is fairly dated.

I'd update to the current version(2.0.0.4), and see if that fixes your problems...

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

IGF

thetoastmaster
06-20-2007, 21:44
It worked fine this morning...

thetoastmaster
06-20-2007, 22:28
After updating to 2.0.0.4 I still have the same problem: I cannot click the "Okay" button in the "Options" window.

Any suggestions?

RaiderRodney
06-21-2007, 10:34
I know Spybot has options that can restrict changes to IE. Is it some type of spyware scanner/anti-virus option maybe? Also is the account an administrator?

thetoastmaster
06-21-2007, 11:34
Originally posted by RaiderRodney
I know Spybot has options that can restrict changes to IE. Is it some type of spyware scanner/anti-virus option maybe? Also is the account an administrator?

The problem seems to have fixed itself. That is, I can click that window now. Got the cookies where I want them, and the Proxomitron loaded and happy.

What could have caused this problem?

IndyGunFreak
06-21-2007, 16:24
Originally posted by RaiderRodney
Also is the account an administrator?

Thats exactly what came to my mind when he said he's still having the prob with 2.0.0.4.

Hopefully whatever was wrong, stays fixed.

IGF