black talon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : black talon

boni
06-21-2007, 10:30
i ask a friend he's a shooter also much much senior than i am. "sir, ano ba sa iyo pinaka mabangis na bala para 9mm?" sinagot sakin black talon. but walang gun store dito nag bebenta nito but dami rin mga ammo walang supply dito yet meron dyan sa manila sir eh. btw meron ba dyan nag bebenta nito? and good pa rin ba ito or na overtaken na ng ibang bala? but i was able to get nito from a friend. eh parang ordinario lng itsura nito mga sir ah. mas eye catching pa nga yung federal hydra shok at golden saber.at yung talisman dart tip that boast extreme penetration. ty in advance mga sir ha.:)

crazy_hans
06-21-2007, 12:00
sir as far as i know stop production na yan coz apparently it killed a cop in the us went through the body armor.same thing with ktw ammo banned na din and pls be warned na super dami fake ng black talon my dad bought so many before only to find out na fake, they were just jhp na colored with black paint and sold at 150 pesos each. Got it from a well known faker but we didn't know that back then.anyway i hope this helps.

vega
06-21-2007, 12:16
Look for Ranger SXT, the design was slightly changed but that's the same product.

MERCMADE
06-21-2007, 12:31
old hyped tech.
ranger sxt's ang civilian version non, so buy the sxts or the hydrashoks.or better yet buy the +p corbons n . better yet the +p+ corbons.research it and know why

isuzu
06-21-2007, 19:40
I guess that Black Talon was just over hyped because it killed a cop (although I don't want to be at the receiving end of a Black Talon :supergrin: ). It could have killed anybody else, but people wouldn't have taken notice of it. The news was blown out of proportion, that's why Black Talon was put in a spotlight.

I use 124 gr Hydrashoks for 9mm and handloaded 124 gr Hornady XTP with 3N37 powder.

krinkov
06-21-2007, 19:53
I remember an incident a few years back where a man shot up some folks in a train(I don't remember where...) with a Ruger and a few mags full of Black Talons. One of the victims was a Filipina nurse. The Black talons were in the spotlight then and news clips on CNN showed how they "mushroomed".

Kaiser Soze
06-21-2007, 19:57
A lot of phony Black Talons are for sale in various gun shops, When you mention that they've stopped production, they change their tune and say that their bullets use Black Talon heads with newer, faster powders.

PWE. Lots of scam artists here in the Philippines.

Sir Boni, try to look for Cor-Bon DPX, very accurate, deep penetrating round. Sold na sold ako. Functions perfectly through my Glock 19.

9MX
06-22-2007, 01:59
Originally posted by isuzu

handloaded 124 gr Hornady XTP with 3N37 powder.

the XTP is my G17's carry ammo, but I use 3N320, 4.2 gr (my match load)

batangueno
06-22-2007, 04:47
Ranger SXT is the Black Talon without the sharp edges. Sa Stronghand lang ako nakakakita nito pero mabilis maubos.

atmarcella
06-22-2007, 05:03
kung me mahanap ka gold dot in 124gr.+p much better yun, hype lang ang black talon;)

SFJumpmaster
06-22-2007, 05:13
I still have 3 boxes of Black talon ammo .45.

tagaykoyan
06-22-2007, 05:28
Originally posted by crazy_hans
sir as far as i know stop production na yan coz apparently it killed a cop in the us went through the body armor.same thing with ktw ammo banned na din and pls be warned na super dami fake ng black talon my dad bought so many before only to find out na fake, they were just jhp na colored with black paint and sold at 150 pesos each. Got it from a well known faker but we didn't know that back then.anyway i hope this helps.

sir, paki-pm naman kung sino itong well known faker para maiwasan. dont wanna spend my hard-earned money for duds, specially in the upcoming gunshow.

boni
06-22-2007, 09:27
150? grabe naman yan. yup i'm aware sa fake kaya i dont buy sa hindi ko kilala. at sa gun store lng. ang pinoy talaga talented. hehehe btw about it being so deadly parang sa media rin yun din yung na research ko eh na parang nasakyan lng ng anti gun advocates why grabe yung bad publicity nito. thanx sa mga reply sir. bigay lng ito kaibigan ko mga sir sabi mga early to mid nineties pa daw ito so sabi ko na overtake na ito ng ibang mas modern na bala. dun na ako sa corbon +p,win +p,at remington golden saber sold at gun stores. kung tutuusin eh parepareho lng mga ito. unahan lng. parang may mga umaaligid nga dito sa bahay baka kini casing kami masubukan nga hehe go ahead! hehe joke! :supergrin: btw may ballpen and pad ako ngayon lista ko yung suggestion nyo mga sir. at least kung bibili ba parang may alam ba. hahaha

crazy_hans
06-22-2007, 11:50
sir tagaykoyan pm sent

isuzu
06-22-2007, 21:52
Originally posted by 9MX
the XTP is my G17's carry ammo, but I use 3N320, 4.2 gr (my match load)

How does the 3N320 perform in that combo? My experience with the 3N37 is that it has a soft recoil. The case is also almost full with powder which minimizes powder to shift. Others say, it contributes to a more consistent burn.