Disappointed with the PS3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with the PS3

bac1023
06-21-2007, 20:47
I must say I think the PS3 has been a big disappointment so far. I know many potentially great games are on the way, but right now, its terrible. I love the Blu-Ray player and use it for movies much more than gaming. I'm fortunate enough to own the XBOX360 as well and like that console better.

Its amazing that games that come out for both systems have higher resolution support on the 360 than the PS3. Just about every PS3 game supports only up to 720P, while the same game on the 360 supports 1080. After all the hype surrounding the PS3's graphics and power, I think this is ridiculous. This might sound somewhat critical on my part, but I didn't buy an expensive home theater setup for lower resolution. Maybe in another year or two, the PS3 will catch up and exceed the 360, but right now the XBOX has the upper hand, IMO. I guess that year long head start really helped.

Any opinions on this?

jason10mm
06-25-2007, 09:32
I think you are confusing the xbox 360s SCALING abilities with the game resolution. I don't think there are many games that either console will render at 1080. But the 360 definitely can do a better job supplying a 1080i feed to those TVs that can not accept 720p or 1080p.

But yeah, the PS3s game library sucks. And since they have sold less units than half of that the 360 sells for the past 2-3 months, I don't foresee too many devs flocking to Sony's side. Fortunately Sony owns a lot of devs so there will be plenty of first party stuff, some of which might justify the console.

Nicky D
06-29-2007, 14:23
Right now the PS3 does suck. I pretty much use it to watch Blue Rays. Any of the games that are out that I like I already have on the 360. I love my 360 and play that alot more than the PS3. Just waiting to see what happens by the end of the year. I will probably only buy a game for the PS3 if it is a exclusive other than that I will buy them for the 360 and get the achievements, they are addicting.