Been a while... whos up for some range time? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Been a while... whos up for some range time?

divide_by_zero
06-23-2007, 00:58
As a former US Marine, I am no stranger to fire arms, but it has been 15 years since I have handled any kind of weapon. I just purchased a model 17 from a friend with a few accessories for backwoods camping and hiking. Since it has been so long, I wouldnt mind having some more experienced owners near by to say "um... doing that might make you, um, dead..."

whos up for a range day?

Steve Koski
06-23-2007, 06:34
There's a match today: go to www.udpl.net for details.

Steve Koski
06-23-2007, 20:40
Wow! That was one fun match.

UtahBen
06-24-2007, 00:45
Originally posted by divide_by_zero
As a former US Marine, I am no stranger to fire arms, but it has been 15 years since I have handled any kind of weapon. I just purchased a model 17 from a friend with a few accessories for backwoods camping and hiking. Since it has been so long, I wouldnt mind having some more experienced owners near by to say "um... doing that might make you, um, dead..."

whos up for a range day?

I am going to Doug's on Monday. I can go in the morning before noon or in the afternoon after 3.

divide_by_zero
06-24-2007, 13:22
man,

my weekend was kind of planned for me, so I am just getting back online. I cant do much during the week; occasionally evenings after work, but summers are pretty hectic in my industry.

weekends are good... but I understand they are often planned for others as well.

I wish I could have made the meet; I will watch for the next one!

Steve Koski
06-24-2007, 14:06
There's a night match towards the end of July. Shootings starts at 10 PM!

Timpinutah
06-26-2007, 19:05
The Fun Shoots at RangeMasters in Springville are also good. Weekends are usually planned out for me too. However, I can usually break away for an evening each month (granted I've missed the last two months.) The next Fun Shoot will be Tuesday, July 3rd.

divide_by_zero
06-26-2007, 19:14
is there a website for the fun shoots?

what time do they run these?

how much time should I expect to invest in cleaning my Glock after shooting?

edit:

nevermind... found the site:

www.rangemasters.com

ElConquistador
06-27-2007, 18:58
I'm sorry, your screen name is undefined. Until you get a new name no one will recognize you as a real person.

:tongueout:

That 17 should be a good gun. I went to get a 17 or 19 and ended up with an XD service model, so far I'm liking it pretty well. Good luck with it.

divide_by_zero
06-27-2007, 21:53
Originally posted by ElConquistador
[B]I'm sorry, your screen name is undefined. Until you get a new name no one will recognize you as a real person.

:tongueout:

heheheheheehe!

actually, its infinite!

but the math is way beyond calculus... its called l'hopitals theorem.

so far, nothing but a few dry fires... been swamped, but hoping to get down next week for the fun shoot!

ElConquistador
06-28-2007, 17:31
...aaaaah, l'hopitals theorem, of course. :shocked: