Indoor range SE MI [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Indoor range SE MI

Criphunter44
06-23-2007, 08:59
Besides Peters, Target and Double Action are there anyother indoor ranges around SE MI?
Hell since it's summer what about outdoor ranges? I know about Blad Mountain and the Det. sportsman congress, any others?

Thanks!

Landor
06-23-2007, 10:11
Oakland sportsman club in waterford

EDIT: Bass Pro at Greatlake crossing(inside)

The pit in Lapeer

It seems all the outdoor ranges are going to be futher north for you.

Good Luck

Scooter70
06-23-2007, 11:51
FiringLine in Westland.

Criphunter44
06-23-2007, 20:27
Originally posted by Landor
Oakland sportsman club in waterford

Bass Pro at Lake Side Mall (inside)

The pit in Lapeer

It seems all the outdoor ranges are going to be futher north for you.

Good Luck

Lakeside mall in Sterling Hieghts? I think you mean Greatlake crossing. Bass pro shop has a gun range?

COBRA90GT
06-24-2007, 00:44
Ditto on Firing Line and the Pit.

And yes, the one inside Bass Pro Shops is located at Great Lakes Crossing.

Hailstorm
06-24-2007, 06:51
TopGun Taylor :thumbsup:

10 Ring Tao
06-24-2007, 11:20
Of course the pit is the gold standard. If you go, pack out at least as much trash as you brought in, preferably a contractor sized garbage bag full.

$10 an hour at Bass Pro, and they have two rifle lanes. No rapid fire. If you have a CCW, none of your pistols need to be locked up when they check/inventory you in at the front door. Cool thing about the rifle lanes, is that they're isolated from the pistol lanes in an adjacent but seperate sound proofed room.

As a shooter, I've always felt more welcome at bass pro than local gun shops.

Firing line is $10 for a half hour. Standard indoor pistol range. Hailstorm can tell you if they have a rifle lane. No rapid fire.

Island Lake outdoor range is $4 per day on their 25, 50, and 100 yard range. Awesome sporting clays course.

Top Gun was very nice, but I've only been there a couple times. You're allowed up to 3 rapid shots, enough for double taps and mozambiques. I did get yelled at for rapid fire last time I was there. I was doing double taps and mozambiques, and not a single shot was outside the silhouette of my target's chest or head. Maybe I was giving the emo kids next to me the wrong idea, they started up, and their rapid fire wasn't quite so controlled.

I don't go to peters any more. The ventilation is horrible, and they wouldn't let me just instruct on the range. I paid whatever it is they charge to not fire a single shot. Screw them, they got their range fee that day, and won't get any more.

Target and double action are out of control on prices. I can't go there because I'm either laughing or incredulous.

Hailstorm
06-24-2007, 17:11
No rifle lanes at Firingline I think.

Weezer
06-24-2007, 18:30
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
Of course the pit is the gold standard. If you go, pack out at least as much trash as you brought in, preferably a contractor sized garbage bag full.

$10 an hour at Bass Pro, and they have two rifle lanes. No rapid fire. If you have a CCW, none of your pistols need to be locked up when they check/inventory you in at the front door. Cool thing about the rifle lanes, is that they're isolated from the pistol lanes in an adjacent but seperate sound proofed room.

As a shooter, I've always felt more welcome at bass pro than local gun shops.

Firing line is $10 for a half hour. Standard indoor pistol range. Hailstorm can tell you if they have a rifle lane. No rapid fire.

Island Lake outdoor range is $4 per day on their 25, 50, and 100 yard range. Awesome sporting clays course.

Top Gun was very nice, but I've only been there a couple times. You're allowed up to 3 rapid shots, enough for double taps and mozambiques. I did get yelled at for rapid fire last time I was there. I was doing double taps and mozambiques, and not a single shot was outside the silhouette of my target's chest or head. Maybe I was giving the emo kids next to me the wrong idea, they started up, and their rapid fire wasn't quite so controlled.

I don't go to peters any more. The ventilation is horrible, and they wouldn't let me just instruct on the range. I paid whatever it is they charge to not fire a single shot. Screw them, they got their range fee that day, and won't get any more.

Target and double action are out of control on prices. I can't go there because I'm either laughing or incredulous.

Where is Island lake? Are you referring to Bald Mountain?

10 Ring Tao
06-24-2007, 18:49
Originally posted by Weezer
Where is Island lake? Are you referring to Bald Mountain?

No, I meant island lake.

Google is your friend...

http://www.google.com/search?q=island+lake+range&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Weezer
06-25-2007, 08:04
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
No, I meant island lake.

Google is your friend...

http://www.google.com/search?q=island+lake+range&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Alrighty then.

DaveA
06-29-2007, 12:52
There is also Wolverine Shooting sports downriver in Brownstown, but they aren't rifle rated. Usually I go to Top gun for my A/R. Only problem is you HAVE to use their ammo for the rifle. I even bought some there and had the manager initial each box so I could take it home and when I came back the week after they were a little dubious as if it was theirs. Nice enough people though. Just hard to get in there to get things done.