Muc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muc

azk9
06-23-2007, 14:11
I just got word that my unit was just awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation for our time in Iraq in 2004. It was the first time that a Navy unit(about 60 of us) was intergrated in an Army battalion and worked side by side daily for a whole deployment. We were there to augment the Army troops so some could be rotated home for a while. I have to say that the Army treated us great. There was no "us" and "them" mentality and we all treated each other like brothers. It was one of the hardest times in my life but also one of the best. Once you have shed sweat, blood, and tears with a bunch of guys, you're bonded for life. I'm proud to have served with men and women from both branches.

To all those in harms way, we have you in our prayers.
Stay safe, stay brave, Stay free.

Joe

CE2 OIF/2004

NAVY:
NAVELSF Forward Alpha
SSB1 Maintenance Company

ARMY:
528th USN POLSUP (SAND SQUIDS)
7th Transportation Battalion
13th COSCOM

goldshellback
06-24-2007, 06:42
Most of the other services I've had to work with have been very professional and a pleasure to serve with also. Haven't had to deploy with 'em as in your situation, but my opinions about those type situations changed considerably after working in a stressful enviroment.

Glad you and yours made it back home!!! Bravo Zulu!

ET1(SS)Goldie

Doc_Fuller
06-24-2007, 09:04
You might also want to check about the PUC, I know from 03, 04, and 06 the Marine units I have been with rated one.
I dont think I will get one from this tour.
-Doc