Indy - outdoor public ranges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Indy - outdoor public ranges

Butch
06-23-2007, 15:44
Hi all, can anyone make suggestions on where to shoot in the South/West area near Indianapolis (other than Atterbury)?

Thanks!

:patriot:

pinhead56
06-23-2007, 17:00
The only *public* Indy outdoor range I know of is the Eagle Creek range on 56th St just off I-465. Public ranges are just too far and few between 'round these parts. Marion County Fish & Game is open to the public for all their organized shoots like bowling pins, steel plates and trap. See the schedule at:
http://www.indyrange.com/

Butch
06-23-2007, 17:35
Thanks pinhead! They have lots going on there! To include a pin match there this morning.....wish I'd have known, I would have gone to it before the GSSF match at Eagle Creek! Oh well, next time. :)

IndyGunFreak
06-24-2007, 06:39
Originally posted by Butch
Thanks pinhead! They have lots going on there! To include a pin match there this morning.....wish I'd have known, I would have gone to it before the GSSF match at Eagle Creek! Oh well, next time. :)

MCFG is a nice range. Gets a little crowded on weekends, really nice days, etc.. but for the most part, everytime I go, I'm by myself, or maybe 1 other person there.

You pay their yearly fee, you get a key to the gate, and pretty much are allowed to shoot anytime from sun up to sun down. If you want to take a guest, its 5.00 for the whole day. Paying the 5.00 is on the honor system, you slip the $5 in an envelope, and slide it in the mail slot on the door.

Chaps me when I see people who don't pay that 5.00 for a guest.

IGF

Butch
06-24-2007, 22:35
Thanks guys!

I can see myself trying to time my trips here so I can hit a pin match at MCFG! Looks like a nice place.

Dad and I took a ride down to Atterbury today, and I have to say, WHAT an improvement! Bathrooms even! :)

Granted, one looses a bit of 'freedom' with the new setup, but I have no doubt that it's a lot safer and more comfortable than it was before!

pupcuss27
06-26-2007, 16:02
Hey Pinhead :thumbsup:

I tried explaining my GlockTalk user name once, care to try yours? .:)

I once read the definition of "Pupcuss" in a style of Redneck style Dictionary (not Foxworthy's)

to be: (Pupcuss i.e. The gooey film left on the patio door window by your dog's nose/mouth.

Well there's my dumb code name sorurce.

You'll find loads of great information here on Eric's Site(Glock Talk)