gun Show this weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun Show this weekend

yunone
06-23-2007, 19:21
i didnt make it today, but most likely will be going to it tomorrow. Anyone else from here going to make it to Monroe?

EVERGREEN STATE FAIRGROUNDS (MONROE)
ADMISSION $6.00
(FREE TO CURRENT WAC MEMBERS)

GUN SHOW HOURS FOR MONROE SHOWS:
Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm

MEMBERSHIP DESK:
Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm

FREE PARKING

Habu
06-23-2007, 19:52
I've never gone to one in Monroe, but I'll for sure be at the one in Puyallup in July. I hardly ever miss those! WAC is a great organization. A great group of people!

yunone
06-23-2007, 20:07
are the shows usually pretty well attended? are there a good amount of vendors?

i am really looking to score some good buys on 9mm ammo....

Habu
06-24-2007, 00:00
Oh yeah, they're usually packed. I find great deals on ammo, holsters, mags (best place to buy mags), parts, etc. And they have lots of other stuff, c'mon down and see. I love it there, I always feel like I comin' home when I go to the gathering!

yunone
06-24-2007, 10:17
thats great to hear and i am looking forward to it....

Habu
06-24-2007, 19:27
Cool, maybe I'll see you there!

Seattle_Chris
07-01-2007, 09:58
How often are the shows in Monroe and Puyallup? I think their both probably equally far from me for the first part (Tukwila, S. Seattle).

Are the shows about the same sizes as each other in each locale?

Anyone have a URL for a website related to 'em, or don't they do the 'net? :)

I actually went through a case (1,000 rounds) yesterday of 9mm. Boy oh boy was that a workout, but I experimented lots and improved quite a bit. Just hoping to find ammo cheap enough to let me do that more than once in a blue moon. :)

yunone
07-01-2007, 19:45
check out this url

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/

you got to be a member to go to the shows....its a good organization from the peeps i have heard about it from and it sounds like the shows are heavily visited with some decent ammo deals...

1000 rounds in one day? damn you are rich :) i need your job,,,,hehe

if you click the shows link you will see where they are at and when...i will be at the next one for sure..i need to score some ammo at a good price as well...

bring your handtruck

Seattle_Chris
07-01-2007, 20:38
Ahh, sweet. That just leaves me with four more questions.

Can I apply for WAC membership at the shows? I have my CPL and all. I just hate mailing things off.

Do merchants at the shows take debit cards, or should I just bring a fat wad of cash?

For the most part, can you take the merchants word as truth or do they have more of the swap meet mentality of knowing you won't see them again, so they'll tell you something works when it doesn't. AKA, how carefull do I have to be? All merchants have to be WAC members though don't they, and being scum would probably have them lose their memberships eh?

And finally for now, are prices generally fixed, or do the merchants expect to haggle?

yunone
07-01-2007, 21:25
let me try and answer what i can..hopefully someone in this thread can better do it than me

yes you can apply at the shows

no idea what they take at shows, havent been to one yet. but as a rule of thumb i like to bring cash if i do get to haggle as the prices might be better

i would assume the vendors have to be members, make sense if its sponsored by WAC, but once again i havent been to a show yet so not sure..

not sure about the prices, but i like to bargain if i can

bring a handtruck :)

16vmkII
07-02-2007, 16:17
I wanted to join WAC, but after sending them my information I never heard back from them...guess they don't care enough about customer service to actually follow through.

Habu
07-03-2007, 01:16
Sorry for your bad experience, 16vmkII, we don't usually do that to people...

I applied for my membership at the show (2 or 3 years ago, you still can), had my CPL, so it was quick.:thumbsup:

Yes, only members can buy and sell firearms, so yes, ALL the sellers of same are members. To be a member, by the way, you have to have a CPL or wait for a background check (see, no such thing as the "gunshow loophole"!).

The sellers all seem like good, respectable people, I've never had a problem, and no, there's no "flea market" feeling, I see the same vendors show after show. If you did experience a problem, I'm sure the board of directors would want to hear about it; basically, we're all honest and respect each other, though.

Many prices can be negotiated, that's up to the seller.

Yes, awesome deals on ammo, mags, holsters, parts, etc. That's where I buy most of mine!

I believe the Puyallup shows are usually bigger than the ones in Monroe.

It really is a great place to hang out with alot of great people!

Guys, all this talk is gettin' me itchin' to go! I can't wait!

Anymore questions, post, friend!

yunone
07-03-2007, 08:30
Great post. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to go to the next one