The Passing of a Friend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of a Friend

DannyR
06-24-2007, 05:41
Now this is very sad news.

G. Wayne Lawhorne, (Tye River), 59, of Vinton and formerly of Amherst Co., went home to be with his family and the Lord on Saturday, June 23, 2007. He was a well known gunsmith for the last 27 years in the Virginia area and was a longtime member of the Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club. Wayne was well known for his jokes and stories. He was predeceased by his parents, Douglas and Sallie Lawhorne; brother, Richard E. Mays; and sister-in-law, Linda Fitzpatrick. He is survived by his loving wife of 38 years, Margaret Burks Lawhorne; daughter and son-in-law, Alene and Jeremiah Stallman; one brother, Daniel B. Mays and his wife, Maxine; three sisters-in-law, Carolyn Mays, Ellen Hannah and her husband, Randall, Lynn Moore and her husband, Randy; two brothers-in-law, Roger Burks and his wife, Elsie, Jim Fitzpatrick; and numerous nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at Oakey's Vinton Chapel with Mr. Jeremiah Stallman officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to your favorite charity, or take someone out to lunch in celebration of Wayne's life. Arrangements by Oakey's Vinton Chapel and Crematory, 982-2221.
Published in the Roanoke Times from 6/24/2007 - 6/25/2007.

Please take a moment and celebrate the life of our friend.

Clyde
06-24-2007, 05:53
We shall miss our friend and remember him fondly...

74fencer
06-24-2007, 06:17
R I P brother Wayne.

mayberrypd
06-25-2007, 10:43
He will definately be missed. I use to love watching him rip a government model apart and work on it right on his belly.....
He was also a funny guy to talk too.
Mayberry

Bonk
06-25-2007, 19:02
RIP, Wayne, we'll miss you.

:wavey:

MADISON
06-26-2007, 08:22
I did not see the obituary until today.
I/we will all miss that "slim" 400 pound jokster and friend.
MADISON