Local Training Courses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Local Training Courses

Punctilious1
06-25-2007, 08:23
Who do you guys think offers the best nearby training courses? I'm interested mostly in handgun training. Or is it better to plan a trip to one of the famous ones?

elsielover
06-25-2007, 08:27
I'd be interested to find out too.

centennial
06-25-2007, 13:32
Locally you can't go wrong with Steve Fisher.
kayufish2(at)aol.com

Steve will teach you stuff you never imagined you could do.
He also carries the respect of some of the big names in training.
No need to drive 300 miles and stay in a hotel. Spend that money on ammo.

Punctilious1
06-25-2007, 14:19
Originally posted by centennial
Locally you can't go wrong with Steve Fisher.
kayufish2(at)aol.com

Steve will teach you stuff you never imagined you could do.
He also carries the respect of some of the big names in training.
No need to drive 300 miles and stay in a hotel. Spend that money on ammo.

Looks good. Are the courses always in Battle Creek? That's a bit of a hike from Detroit.

Hailstorm
06-25-2007, 14:35
I no longer teach the advanced stuff. But, The guys over at Live Safe academy do a great job.

fiddler
06-25-2007, 16:02
Steve Fisher is an excellent trainer, and I highly recommend his classes. My husband and I have trained with Steve as well as Gunsite, TDI and Lous Chiodo. We enjoyed all of them, and Steve's training is right up there with the big name classes. After training with Steve, there were no surprises at any of them. Steve is offering a Pistol 1 class on July 1, and I know it's filling up fast. Currently, most of his classes are being offered if Battle Creek, but it would be a good idea to email Steve to find out if he'll be offering anything closer to the Detroit area. I can tell you that Steve's classes are well worth the drive, and you wont regret it.

http://www.michigantrainer.com

On a more basic level, we also offer classes at K&M Tactical Response Academy. We offer the CPL classes as well as the basic introductory advanced level handgun training, including drawing from the holster, speed and tactical reloads, etc. This is on a much more basic level than what Steve does, and many of our students go on to train with Steve. We have a class coming up on Aug. 11 in the Chelsea area.

http://www.kmtacticalresponseacademy.com

10 Ring Tao
06-25-2007, 16:55
Another vote for steve. I incorporate stuff I learned in his class into my range time to this day.

centennial
06-25-2007, 17:03
Originally posted by Punctilious1
Looks good. Are the courses always in Battle Creek? That's a bit of a hike from Detroit. Battle Creek is a lot closer than Arizona or the far southeast of Ohio or who knows where else.
Set something up at your home range. I'm sure Steve can be flexible if it fits with his own training regimine.

fiddler
06-25-2007, 17:17
Originally posted by centennial
Battle Creek is a lot closer than Arizona or the far southeast of Ohio or who knows where else.
Set something up at your home range. I'm sure Steve can be flexible if it fits with his own training regimine.

I agree. It's a lot closer for the same caliber of training. If you set something up at your local range, especially if you have a group of students willing to learn, I'm sure you can arrange to have Steve come to you.

Barbara
06-26-2007, 20:10
People drive out from Detroit to his classes all the time..its worth the trip.

Punctilious1
06-26-2007, 21:31
Well it seems like Mr. Fisher is the man. I'll have to work out a bit of a road trip probably. Thanks for the info everyone! Any further recommendations are of course welcome.:thumbsup:

Barbara
06-27-2007, 03:55
He's out of town for a couple of days, so if he doesn't respond right away, be patient. I know he has a couple of openings in class this Sunday for Pistol I..if you're interested, shoot him an email and let him know.

Punctilious1
06-27-2007, 08:56
Originally posted by Barbara
He's out of town for a couple of days, so if he doesn't respond right away, be patient. I know he has a couple of openings in class this Sunday for Pistol I..if you're interested, shoot him an email and let him know.

I'll probably have to attend a little further down the road but thanks for the heads-up anyway!

Michigantrainer
06-28-2007, 22:56
Thank you all.......

Barbara
07-08-2007, 05:57
I took another of Steve's carbine classes yesterday..great class.

gsbell
07-08-2007, 13:16
I'm bummed out that my shoulder is messed up I was looking forward to taking one of Steve's pistol classes this summer.

Michigantrainer
07-08-2007, 17:39
Just get better greg always time...

speaking of which

handgun II july 28th

www.michigantrainer.com

gsbell
07-08-2007, 20:02
Thanks Steve!
I'll be in touch when I can shoot with both hands again.

PDogSniper
07-09-2007, 14:33
Originally posted by gsbell
I'm bummed out that my shoulder is messed up I was looking forward to taking one of Steve's pistol classes this summer.

Greg, what happened...?

gsbell
07-09-2007, 16:44
Jim,
A nerve thing called "Idiopathic Brachial Neuritis" in the left shoulder. Starts out with a fair amount of pain which dissipates and then you lose the ability to move the shoulder muscles properly, thankfully nothing wrong with the joint itself. The only thing that heals it is time. Doing some physical therapy to keep it from atrophying too much.

Trebor
07-16-2007, 00:40
Steve Fisher teaches a great class. He's the guy I go to when I need to brush up.

I've never trained with Karen (Fiddler) and Marty, but I reccomend them as well. Steve speaks very highly of them and every student of theirs I've met has said good things about their classes.

I'm running an "intermediate/advanced" class myself in Williamston on Sunday, Aug 19. Drop me a PM if your interested and I'll give you the details.

Michigantrainer
07-16-2007, 07:58
Rob shoot me an email about it

Xenia
07-18-2007, 00:41
I took Steve's pistol 1 class and learned a lot! It was fast paced but not too fast and a lot of fun!

I'd highly recommend his classes!