Suggestions for a Good car wax? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Good car wax?

awlglock
06-25-2007, 08:42
I just got an used 2003 VW Passat. I got a great deal on it. It looks like this car has never been garaged. The paint on the sides is great but there appears to be some oxidation on the paint on the roof, trunk, and hood. I washed and hand-waxed it this weekend and that helped some but there is still some oxidation in a few spots. I used a basic type Turtle Wax with Carnauba for what its worth. Is there a certain type of car wax that is more "potent" than others when it comes to removing residue? Thanks

hpracing007
07-03-2007, 12:23
A cleaner wax like what's sold in the stores (turtle wax, meguiars nxt ect ect) is not strong enough to deal with oxidation.

Do you have any pics of the oxidation?
link to common paint problems (http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=161&TopicID=139854&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic)

Klasse AIO is what I would use on oxidation. You can buy it from online sites like autogeek.net I would apply by either dual action polisher or rotary with a light cut pad.

Some people swear by nu-finish (available in stores), which I haven't tried. The detailers i've talked to say it's pretty harsh stuff though.

It might be best to hire a detailer. There is ALOT of information and products out there and can get pretty confusing.

Detailing message board:
www.autopia.org