Buying in South Florida [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buying in South Florida

habanero69
06-25-2007, 15:40
I am looking for a shop that carries Glocks and not just one or two laying around. Ive been to Palm Beach Shooting Center and they have some, but most have to be ordered (which I can if I must). I have also been to Gator Gun and while they carry most popular models, their customer appeal level is quite low.

Are there other places that have a good selection and are pleasnat to deal with? I will travel between Stuart and FT. Lauderdale if the shop is worth the trip. It is pretty slim pickens round these parts. The yellow pages list a bunch of dealers but it's hard to tell if any are worth a trip, and calling all of them is not time efficient. Thought maybe some of GT listers had some first hand exerience that would help. :)

TIA,
Mike

hurricanezUM
06-25-2007, 15:45
go to www.floridashootersnetwork.com and look for the member SteyrAUG
He is a FFL. he can you get just about anything, and thats not limited to glocks. He also has the cheapest Prices period
He is located in Broward.

RRRhino
06-25-2007, 15:46
Lee's Pawn Jewelry & Guns
2177 N State Road 7
Margate, FL

New Glocks $500 out the door

Small Shop but well priced.

OFFSHORE
06-25-2007, 18:54
Check out "Only The Best Firearms" in Pompano Beach (Broward County).
He not only has a large supply of Glocks, he is a huge ClassIII dealer. It is not uncommon to walk in and see a transferable belt-fed weapon on the counter.

Gmountain
06-25-2007, 20:14
Go to the gun show in West Palm on July 7. They'll have every Glock known to man there, except for the G18.

hurricanezUM
06-25-2007, 23:04
Originally posted by OFFSHORE
Check out "Only The Best Firearms" in Pompano Beach (Broward County).
He not only has a large supply of Glocks, he is a huge ClassIII dealer. It is not uncommon to walk in and see a transferable belt-fed weapon on the counter.

HAHAHAHA!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, go to only the best, if you are content with paying 700 for a new glock.

Gmountain
06-26-2007, 05:15
Originally posted by hurricanezUM
HAHAHAHA!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, go to only the best, if you are content with paying 700 for a new glock.

True. Those guys are out of sight on prices, and jerks about it to boot!

The best prices I've seen are from the Florida Gun Exchange in Port Orange, and they always come to the shows.

noway
06-26-2007, 06:54
Ditto on the above last comment , jerks, over prices and *******s, are the words that comes to mind.

for the OP you have numerours shops in that range

Gator out of Okeechoobee WPB

Tactical ( forgot their name ) est of I95 on executive/investment blvd south of Northlake

PalmBch and Delray shooting centers

Reveres, Pompano

Gun & knives, Lauderlakes

AAA triple locks, Downtown Fort Lauderdale

Weston Arms, Stirling rd near Davie EXT

Basspro , Dania bch

American Indoor , near Pemboke-I95

Big AL's , near Hallandale and I95

FEC , Hialeah out near the Hialeah track

i'm sure a few others are stuck in the middle, plus don't forget most pawns can order guns NEW for you.

I would suggest you get the yellowpages and the phone out and call around. A dime spent can mean alot of savings ;)

rich52us
06-26-2007, 07:02
Originally posted by Gmountain
Go to the gun show in West Palm on July 7. They'll have every Glock known to man there, except for the G18.

I agree that this is your best bet. Most of the gun shops will be there, and therfore, there is competition for your $. You also get to see and handle just about everything. You can also get ammo and accessories/mags, etc:thumbsup:

sidewinder6
06-26-2007, 10:01
There is a place off 595 and Pine Island, on the service road that runs along the south side of the Interstate. In a strip shopping center, the place is called National. Pretty good supply there from what I recall. Its a LE supply house.

habanero69
06-26-2007, 12:00
Originally posted by rich52us
I agree that this is your best bet. Most of the gun shops will be there, and therfore, there is competition for your $. You also get to see and handle just about everything. You can also get ammo and accessories/mags, etc:thumbsup:

I can't wait. I got the itchy trigger finger to buy now. :banana:

habanero69
06-26-2007, 12:17
Gator out of Okeechoobee WPB: Not very friendly as I originally posted. :sad:

Tactical ( forgot their name ) OUT of BUSINESS

PalmBch shooting centers. Have to order pretty much everything :sad:

The rest are getting a bit far (North Palm for me) but I'm willing to go if they have stuff I can touch and buy!!! I can remember the good old days when they (gun shops) had stuff in stock. As you can tell from my sig, I want to pick up a 20,22 and 29. I will do all at the same time if I can find a place that treats me right. :banana:

Reveres, Pompano
Gun & knives, Lauderlakes
AAA triple locks, Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Weston Arms, Stirling rd near Davie EXT
Basspro , Dania bch
American Indoor , near Pemboke-I95
Big AL's , near Hallandale and I95
FEC , Hialeah out near the Hialeah track

dhoomonyou
06-26-2007, 13:33
IPS 911 shop in Hollywood.

OR american indoor.

sidewinder6
06-27-2007, 10:00
Originally posted by dhoomonyou
IPS 911 shop in Hollywood.

OR american indoor.

Those are both good places. I didnt mention them earlier because I understood the guy wanting FLL or North Broward.

habanero69
06-27-2007, 12:57
Went to Delray last night and they had only the 22. They can order the 20 and 29. I guess no one carries the 20/29? I ask and they looked at me like im crazy. "We can't sell them if we stock and they are too expensive to shoot", they tell me. :crazy: