Bugatti Veyron in Indianapolis [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron in Indianapolis

FThorn
06-26-2007, 04:31
[RABBI has competition!]

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6708779&nav=0Ra7

FORTVILLE, Ind. - 24-Hour News 8 got an exclusive look at one of the competitors in a race that's coming to Indianapolis next month. His ride may be more impressive than the race itself. This local man will go cross country in a car unlike anything you've ever seen.

A very special, million dollar delivery recently came inside of a semi truck. The neighbors were out and waiting to see a Bugatti Veyron. No one wanted to see the car more than the man who bought it. The car is one of only 24 in the country and 72 in the world.

"It's pretty remarkable. I mean, I've seen a few of them before. But, when you realize it's actually yours, it takes on a whole different feeling, you know," Tim Durham said.

Durham is a local businessman and an avid car collector. But going to race this one. The race is based on the "Cannonball Races" except that, Tim said, next month's Great American Run is for exotic cars at legal speeds.

"So, this'll do 0 to 60 in what did you say," Tim asked.

"It does 0 to 60 miles an hour in 2.48 seconds. 0 to 100 miles an hour in 5.3 seconds," Bugatti representative David Jenkins said.

But, it takes two keys for high speeds.

"It's critical to have the high speed key because there are certain aerodynamic changes that take place at high speed," David said.

Top speed, 253 miles an hour, is not possible around here.

But, that's not required for the people he'll meet at the rally.

"They're basically crazy about cars," Tim said.

Here's another way the Bugatti is special, the main key for the car costs $5,000.

Tim's already driving it around town.

It's debut in the rally is at the end of next month and the racers get a chance to take a trip around the Speedway as part of the cross-country journey.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9272/6708779bg1cg7.jpg

WHO is this GUY??

http://www.obsidianenterprises.com/page2.php?section=managementDurham

Fenway
06-26-2007, 09:29
Here is a Veyron video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFAZ5-P04I

absrio
06-26-2007, 10:16
That would be a fun car to drive 253mph would make 100mph seem like city traffic...

epsylum
06-26-2007, 10:57
Not quite a Veyron, but I saw a Porsche Carerra GT w/ IN plates parked next to the track during the F1 qualifying. It was just sitting in an area open to the public with its top off and seemed like the owner was nowhere in sight. That is one ballsy supercar owner as there was obviously a crowd of people forming around it.

I also passed a Lamborghini on the way to work yesterday. I am not sure if it was a Murcialago or Gallardo as they look so much alike, but it was one of them. I have also seen several Bently Continental GTs around town and a few Astin Martins.

notasccrmom
06-26-2007, 12:11
Originally posted by epsylum
Not quite a Veyron, but I saw a Porsche Carerra GT w/ IN plates parked next to the track during the F1 qualifying. It was just sitting in an area open to the public with its top off and seemed like the owner was nowhere in sight. That is one ballsy supercar owner as there was obviously a crowd of people forming around it.
I was there and saw this car. There was definitely a crowd, but this is a commonplace thing at most road racing/sportscar events. It's not like someone is going to drive off in it. It was parked in the infield with cops all over the place, not to mention witnesses. My favorite part was the license plate "BFDEAL" :rofl:

FThorn
06-26-2007, 12:22
Originally posted by epsylum

I also passed a Lamborghini on the way to work yesterday. I am not sure if it was a Murcialago or Gallardo as they look so much alike, but it was one of them. I have also seen several Bently Continental GTs around town and a few Astin Martins.

If the Lambo was near 96th st., did it have PURDUE plates? A guy thinks I am the owner of that car. Says I look JUST LIKE him. He is some small biz owner, from what I can gather.

epsylum
06-26-2007, 13:56
Originally posted by notasccrmom
I was there and saw this car. There was definitely a crowd, but this is a commonplace thing at most road racing/sportscar events. It's not like someone is going to drive off in it. It was parked in the infield with cops all over the place, not to mention witnesses. My favorite part was the license plate "BFDEAL" :rofl:

Not so much theft, but someone could have dumped their Fosters/Coke/Lemonade in it while drooling on it or some other moron move like that. That interior HAS to be expensive.

edit: Yeah, I got a pic of the plate as well as the whole car. :thumbsup:

epsylum
06-26-2007, 13:56
Originally posted by FThorn
If the Lambo was near 96th st., did it have PURDUE plates? A guy thinks I am the owner of that car. Says I look JUST LIKE him. He is some small biz owner, from what I can gather.

I didn't see the plates as it was going the other way. It was black and was headed north on Illinois where it is still two-way (north of 38th st.)