The Pit, No I don't need directions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Pit, No I don't need directions

Korey5640
06-26-2007, 12:31
Hello all.

I recently had my truck die on me(1991 Ford Ranger) and, well, it has kind of caused me quite the anger issues over the year and half I have owner her and I, personally, would love to remove some anger on the truck...you see where this is going?

My proposal is to take it up to the Pit(gasoline/battery removed of course) on a trailer and, well, relieve some stress. I would allow whomever wanted to join me to go ahead. Afterwards, I would remove the truck on said trailer and scrap it.

Anyone have any clue whether or not this is allowed or LEGAL? I know that from those I have talked to I have had two different reactions from all. Either, "Ha, I would love to join you in that one" or "You can't do that, its illegal, it would release containments into the earth and groundwater"

So, anyone know for sure?

MakeMineaP99
06-26-2007, 14:34
I have no idea on the legality. You might request an opinion from the DNR, but that may cause more problems than answers. Know any attorneys?

How would you be assured all coolants, oil, etc. had been completely removed from the vehicle? Wouldn't want to start a fire or release toxins.

If you do get the go ahead, I'll join you.

10 Ring Tao
06-26-2007, 15:22
Drain all the reservoirs, and take it with you when you leave, and I can't see any problems happening.

That said, there are giant bolders in the way along the firing line to prevent exactly that, people from driving on the range.

Korey5640
06-26-2007, 19:26
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao

That said, there are giant bolders in the way along the firing line to prevent exactly that, people from driving on the range.

Awwww....ruin my fun...go ahead :rofl:

Really though, I guess that is ok since I finally found a reputable auto-electronic expert that will take a look at the thing for me tomorrow so I think I will end up fixing it...again. :upeyes:

If, however, repair costs, etc. are too high and I want to discard of the thing...anyone know a piece of land similar to the pit that would allow such a thing? Better yet, anyone in Lapeer county or a county surrounding Oakland that owns a lot of land..enough to shoot on..willing to host a BBQ/Shoot...I'll supply the target! :banana:

Turtle13
06-26-2007, 21:09
Is this "pit" you speak of just another name for the range on Roods Lake rd.?

Korey5640
06-26-2007, 21:18
Originally posted by Turtle13
Is this "pit" you speak of just another name for the range on Roods Lake rd.?

That would be the one. I always knew it simply as "The Pit". :wavey:

Turtle13
06-27-2007, 01:46
Awesome, I love shooting there. Everyone I've met there have been great. Well, except for these hillbillies that came there with a chinese shotgun. They setup a 2foot by 2foot target and couldn't hit it from 10 feet away. I promptly left.