Amnesty back to the floor. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty back to the floor.

Rhinodogg
06-26-2007, 13:08
Here's how they voted.

Alabama: Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Alaska: Murkowski (R-AK), Yea Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Arizona: Kyl (R-AZ), Yea McCain (R-AZ), Yea
Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea Pryor (D-AR), Yea
California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Colorado: Allard (R-CO), Nay Salazar (D-CO), Yea
Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Delaware: Biden (D-DE), Yea Carper (D-DE), Yea
Florida: Martinez (R-FL), Yea Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Georgia: Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Idaho: Craig (R-ID), Yea Crapo (R-ID), Nay
Illinois: Durbin (D-IL), Yea Obama (D-IL), Yea
Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Nay Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Iowa: Grassley (R-IA), Nay Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Yea Roberts (R-KS), Nay
Kentucky: Bunning (R-KY), Nay McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Nay Vitter (R-LA), Nay
Maine: Collins (R-ME), Yea Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Maryland: Cardin (D-MD), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Massachusetts: Kennedy (D-MA), Yea Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
Minnesota: Coleman (R-MN), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Mississippi: Cochran (R-MS), Nay Lott (R-MS), Yea
Missouri: Bond (R-MO), Yea McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Nay Tester (D-MT), Nay
Nebraska: Hagel (R-NE), Yea Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nevada: Ensign (R-NV), Yea Reid (D-NV), Yea
New Hampshire: Gregg (R-NH), Yea Sununu (R-NH), Nay
New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea Domenici (R-NM), Yea
New York: Clinton (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea
North Carolina: Burr (R-NC), Yea Dole (R-NC), Nay
North Dakota: Conrad (D-ND), Yea Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Ohio: Brown (D-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Oklahoma: Coburn (R-OK), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Oregon: Smith (R-OR), Nay Wyden (D-OR), Yea
Pennsylvania: Casey (D-PA), Yea Specter (R-PA), Yea
Rhode Island: Reed (D-RI), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
South Carolina: DeMint (R-SC), Nay Graham (R-SC), Yea
South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Not Voting Thune (R-SD), Nay
Tennessee: Alexander (R-TN), Nay Corker (R-TN), Nay
Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
Utah: Bennett (R-UT), Yea Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Vermont: Leahy (D-VT), Yea Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Virginia: Warner (R-VA), Yea Webb (D-VA), Yea
Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea
West Virginia: Byrd (D-WV), Nay Rockefeller (D-WV), Nay
Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Wyoming: Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Enzi (R-WY), Nay

The Dick Lugar needs removed.

epsylum
06-26-2007, 13:59
Bayh voted nay?

:shocked:

I have never voted for either one of them so it is not my fault. ;) Even in the last primary when Lugar was the only one running, I left it blank.

Rhinodogg
06-26-2007, 14:28
If Bayh would move a little more to the right, he'd be a decent senator.

4sarge
06-27-2007, 05:27
Lugar needs REMOVED - I'll second that. He is extremely LIBERAL, ANTI-GUN and does not vote as a Senator from Indiana.

Bayh seems to split his votes - he'll vote Yes and then vote Nay, I think that he is voting for appearances sake but hopefully he will vote for us when the time comes. We can only HOPE

mmaci
06-29-2007, 11:26
Originally posted by 4sarge
Bayh seems to split his votes - he'll vote Yes and then vote Nay, I think that he is voting for appearances sake but hopefully he will vote for us when the time comes. We can only HOPE
Don't believe it. I sent a few emails to Bayh (I knew Lugar was a lost cause). The last was yesterday before the vote. This was after the Senate phone system crash.

Below is a copy of what I sent through his Senate 'contact' page:
Dear Senator Bayh,

I support LEGAL immigration, But I do not support illegal immigration, or the President's or Democratic leadership's "Amnesty, path to citizenship, work visa", nonsense. This is nothing but pandering to future voters and selling American citizenship while undercutting American workers and allowing illegal hiring practices to be done by companies bent only on profit.

We already have 12 million illegals demanding legal recognition and status as they ignore our laws. The majority of these illegal aliens are Mexican with little or no skill or education. They depress wages, skills, steal jobs, overload our education, health systems, bring drugs, criminal activity, and a host of other problems with them.

Letting them change a status and stay under a 'new program' rewards all this. Worse, it gives them a 'green card' status in everything ahead of legal people who wait their turn.

I want the companies who hire these people fined and their upper management held criminally responsible. I want raids for illegal aliens increased and continued.

If we do not have the will to defend our own borders and laws then as a people and a country we have already lost our sovereignty.

Regards,
xxxxxxxxx

Bayh's reply to me today doesn't distinguish between illeal aliens and legal immigrants. Bayh lumps them together as simply immigrants, or calls them 'undocumented' just like La Raza.
It's the same BS spin the rest of the Amnesty crowd uses.:
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate your thoughts and concern s on this serious issue.

After thorough consideration and listening to the concerns of people with strongly held views on both sides of this issue, I voted against the immigration bill (S. 1639).

The legislation ultimately failed by fourteen votes and was removed from further consideration by the Senate.

America is a nation of immigrants, and it is true that we must resolve the fact that 12 million undocumented immigrants currently live and work in this country.

But America is also a nation of laws, and our current immigration system is badly broken. Unfortunately, this deeply flawed plan does not secure our borders, does not respect family unity, and does not deal fairly with the hard-working immigrants who are already living here.

I voted 'no' because the Senate's approach is not a long-term answer to this country's undocumented immigration problem. We must find a sustainable solution so that we do not return to this divisive debate again and again every few years. The approach rejected would have left us with broken borders and broken immigrant families, driving our country further apart instead of closer together. Americans and those who long to be Americans deserve a better solution than that.

Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should similar legislation be considered in the future.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. My website http://bayh.senate.gov , can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter , The Bayh Bulletin , by clicking on the link at the top of my homepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
(202) 224-5623
Russell 463
Washington, D.C. 20510

KSFreeman
06-29-2007, 12:30
Richard Lugar is a walking poster for term limits.

The longer they stay there, the more government they favor.:sad:

4sarge
06-29-2007, 15:29
Originally posted by KSFreeman
Richard Lugar is a walking poster for term limits.

The longer they stay there, the more government they favor.:sad:

:laughabove:

How True :thumbsup: