I see that both of our senators [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I see that both of our senators

lethal tupperwa
06-27-2007, 09:14
voted for amnesty for the illegals.

keith56
06-27-2007, 15:42
Did you expect anything else? Ones a RINO and the others a democRAT,they make a good pair.

slewfoot
06-27-2007, 15:51
Same for the reptiles representing Pennsylvania, a RINO and a WINO.

Jeff82
06-27-2007, 16:04
Technically they voted for cloture, to end debate to bring the bill to the whole house.

Already sent my messages of disgust...

Wolfgang
06-27-2007, 17:52
VA has a Senator?

Fungunner
06-28-2007, 02:42
Originally posted by Wolfgang
VA has a Senator?

We used to have one, I think the water in Washington got to him

RussP
06-28-2007, 11:44
Originally posted by Wolfgang
VA has a Senator? Not anymore... :upeyes: :upeyes:

Dan
06-28-2007, 13:19
:shocked: They Voted against it today.

Jeff82
06-28-2007, 19:48
Yeah! Both actually went with the People this time!

LittleLebowski
07-12-2007, 21:37
Webb's a democrat in name only.

Jeff82
07-13-2007, 06:58
Originally posted by LittleLebowski
Webb's a democrat in name only.

??? :headscratch:

LittleLebowski
07-13-2007, 08:33
Let's see here. Member of the NRA. CCW holder. Wants to let us open carry in state parks. Secretary of the Navy under Regan. Do I need to go on?

Jeff82
07-13-2007, 10:27
Let's see here. Member of the NRA. CCW holder. Wants to let us open carry in state parks. Secretary of the Navy under Regan. Do I need to go on?
Maybe it is a ploy to get elected (pulling the lib vote in NOVA).

I looked up his voting record on key votes at the JBS site and he's actually 1 vote better than Warner. 5 for 5 for Webb vs. 4 for 5 for Warner.

You may be on to something...

Time will tell.

LittleLebowski
07-13-2007, 11:46
Jeff, he was also one hell of a Marine grunt in Vietnam and wrote a book so good based on his experiences that it's on the Commandandt's reading list for Marines. He's no liberal. He ran Democrat because he had a falling out with the state Republican Party. He even shoots regularly at the NRA range here in Fairfax.

The rule of thumb I have is that if Ronald Regan appointed you to office, you're probably not a liberal :supergrin:

Truckee
07-18-2007, 00:24
Jeff, he was also one hell of a Marine grunt in Vietnam and wrote a book so good based on his experiences that it's on the Commandandt's reading list for Marines. He's no liberal. He ran Democrat because he had a falling out with the state Republican Party. He even shoots regularly at the NRA range here in Fairfax.

The rule of thumb I have is that if Ronald Regan appointed you to office, you're probably not a liberal :supergrin:

I feel what you're sayin' LL, but I'm not ready to trust ole Webb just yet... now, if we had Allen and Webb up yonder, I'd rest a little easier.

IIRC, out of the gate Webb voted poorly on an issue (cannot specifically recall, but the GOA didn't like his vote). And that whole gun thing at the Senate office, which he was initially mute about... allowing his "long time aide and friend" to go to the D.C. lock-up over. Then post some delay, he comes out with, "well, it is my gun, but he wasn't supposed to have it." Maybe I was relieved that Webb, at least, had a pistol somehow, somewhere... even if he didn't know who had it or where it was or was not. Anyway, that stuff just kept me a bit hinky.