Robbed!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Robbed!!!

GogWii
06-28-2007, 07:08
Killeen Area around Killeen High School. Approx 4:30pm yesterday my neighbor thought she heard voices coming from my house (our direction) but couldn't see anybody. She said (I know this isn't worth anything in court) based on their voices and mode of speech she felt they were African American. I came home around 6:15pm to find my house burglarized. The front door had been kicked in, the left door jam was so destroyed that I had to buy a door guard to shut and secure my front door because there was no place for the deadbolt to slide into. The theives made off with my shotgun (New Haven by Mossberg; 20g pump; sawed off to make a pistol grip, and the barrel sawed off to 18.5" for home pro., my wife's Ipod, my backpack containing my DS Lite with approx 15 games, 33Round mag for my G19, broke into my safe and grabbed my other 15rnd mag, two BRAND new pair of shoes, and some jewlery. The backpack was black with the word "GogWii" embroidered at the bottom in white lettering. I can tell based on the trashing of my Range bag, my safe, the position of the glock case, among other things that they were looking for my glock as well(good thing I was carrying at the time).

So if you live around the KHS area and see somebody walking around with a Black Backpack (I'm assuming it's a highschool student, based on the time frame, the fact that i'm a stones throw away from the school, and what they didn't take) with the word "GogWii" at the bottom call the police with case number 07-9041. Other than that be safe because now there's a BG running around with a Sawed Off.

RyanNREMTP
06-28-2007, 09:33
I'll keep an eye around the Waco area.

bluelineman
06-28-2007, 21:11
:steamed:

How do you think they broke into the safe? What kind of safe is it? I would suggest getting an alarm, big dog & new safe. Hopefully the cops catch the bastards. Good luck.

Grimsi
06-29-2007, 02:01
Originally posted by GogWii
Killeen Area around Killeen High School. (At) Approx 4:30pm yesterday(,) my neighbor thought she heard voices coming from my house (our direction) but couldn't see anybody. She said (I know this isn't worth anything in court){your law degree is from were again?) based on their voices and mode of speech she felt(?) they were African American.

[P] I came home around 6:15pm to find my house burglarized. The front door had been kicked in, the left door jam was so destroyed that I had to buy a door guard to shut and secure my front door because there was no place for the deadbolt to slide into.

[P] The theives made off with my shotgun (New Haven by Mossberg; 20g pump; sawed off to make a pistol grip, and the barrel sawed off to 18.5" for home pro., my wife's Ipod, my backpack containing my DS Lite with approx 15 games, 33Round mag for my G19, broke into my safe(how?) and grabbed my other 15rnd mag, two BRAND new pair of shoes, and some jewlery. The backpack was black with the word "GogWii" embroidered at the bottom in white lettering.

[P] I can tell, based on the trashing of my Range bag, my safe, the position of the glock case, among other things that they were looking for my glock as well(good thing I was carrying at the time).

So if you live around the KHS area and see somebody walking around with a Black Backpack (I'm assuming it's a highschool student, based on the time frame, the fact that i'm a stones throw away from the school, and what they didn't take) with the word "GogWii" at the bottom call the police with case number 07-9041. Other than that be safe because now there's a BG running around with a Sawed Off.

What, were they speaking swahe'li or somthing?

And it isnt "ROBBED!!" It is "burglerized".

O.P. edited w/comments 'cause I felt like it.

uhlawpup
06-29-2007, 07:05
Originally posted by Grimsi
What, were they speaking swahe'li or somthing?

And it isnt "ROBBED!!" It is "burglerized".

O.P. edited w/comments 'cause I felt like it.

Just to set the record straight, it's "Swahili" and "burgled."

Rex G
06-29-2007, 16:21
Yep, robbery is a crime of force, committed against a person.

Keoking
06-29-2007, 17:54
Originally posted by uhlawpup

I feel stupid for laughing in the middle of such a serious thread.
GogWii, sorry about what happened to you.

uhlawpup
06-29-2007, 20:03
Originally posted by Keoking
I feel stupid for laughing in the middle of such a serious thread.
GogWii, sorry about what happened to you.

And I, too, feel your pain, as I was burgled back in 1980 and lost a revolver that meant a lot to me.

You've made your report to the police. Now put it in God's hands. It has always worked for me.

Grimsi
06-30-2007, 00:25
Originally posted by uhlawpup

How dare you correct me when I'm correcting someone. :)

Rex G
06-30-2007, 00:31
I am sorry about it, too. I lost a nice Remington 870 and Swarovski binoculars in a burglary about the early 90's.

Keoking
06-30-2007, 09:10
I've never been burgled or robbed, but I can imagine I would be pretty pissed and extremely upset. I would probably spend months or years wishing that I caught the pricks in the act and shot the hell out of them.

The sad irony is that from a financial standpoint I would be better off not catching them. A decent civil case would cost more than amateur thieves could take from my home.

At least I live in Texas and would probably not get thrown in jail.

06-30-2007, 20:06
Man, sorry to hear that. I take it you gonna have a good home security system and a better/tougher gun safe now.

Btw, ya sure it's "burgled", and not "burglarized"?:supergrin:

Stealther
07-04-2007, 22:36
Originally posted by Keoking
The sad irony is that from a financial standpoint I would be better off not catching them. A decent civil case would cost more than amateur thieves could take from my home.

At least I live in Texas and would probably not get thrown in jail.

Good thing you live in Texas!

http://www.house.state.tx.us/news/release.php?id=2017

AUSTIN Representative Chuck Hopson was glad to see that Gov. Rick Perry signed a bill into law Tuesday that gives Texans a stronger legal right to defend themselves using deadly force in their homes, cars and workplaces.

With the support of Representative Hopson, Senate Bill 378 or the 'Castle Doctrine', passed in both chambers of the legislature overwhelmingly earlier this month. The bill states that a person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force.

"The right to defend yourself and your family from harm should be clearly defined and the law should be easy to interpret," Hopson said. "This is the first bill Governor Perry has signed this session and it is a good one to start with."

The bill is being referred to as the "castle doctrine," drawing from the idea that a man's home is his castle and that he should have the right to defend it. A building or vehicle must be occupied at the time for the deadly force provision to apply, and the person using force cannot provoke the attacker or be involved in criminal activity at the time.

The new law will also provide civil immunity for a person who lawfully uses deadly force in any of the circumstances spelled out in the bill. Police and prosecutors can still press charges if they feel deadly force was illegally used, legislative sponsors said.

I believe this goes into effect September 2007, LINKY (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=80R&Bill=SB378)

Moonfish
07-06-2007, 17:21
Originally posted by 12131
Man, sorry to hear that. I take it you gonna have a good home security system and a better/tougher gun safe now.

Btw, ya sure it's "burgled", and not "burglarized"?:supergrin:

I think "burglarized" in US and "burgled" in UK and some other counties...

waltherone
07-07-2007, 12:58
Originally posted by Stealther
Good thing you live in Texas!

http://www.house.state.tx.us/news/release.php?id=2017

I believe this goes into effect September 2007, LINKY (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=80R&Bill=SB378)

September 1 to be exact

Nosmik
07-08-2007, 21:40
Originally posted by bluelineman
:steamed:

How do you think they broke into the safe? What kind of safe is it?

Hope the cops catch them bastards. Get your locks rekeyed and doors re-enforced just in case.