Mason/Lansing gun show. Going? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mason/Lansing gun show. Going?

JellyBelly
06-28-2007, 19:50
I'll be there Friday, and maybe Sunday if my rifle doesn't sell.

If you see a big green Jeep Wrangler it's probably mine. I'm the big fat guy with the tattoos and the dark gray Leupold hat. I might be walking around with a Garand. Stop and say hi!

Barbara
06-29-2007, 03:27
I'm going to swing by there tonight.

Minivan with a Browning sticker = me. :)

Barbara
06-29-2007, 18:02
I was there. Bought a few things. Bemoaned the cost of ammunition. ~$300.00 a case..looked like he had about 6 cases. I'm usually easy to pick out of a crowd there. I'm the one who looks like a woman.

JellyBelly
06-29-2007, 18:24
Originally posted by Barbara
I was there. Bought a few things. Bemoaned the cost of ammunition. ~$300.00 a case..looked like he had about 6 cases. I'm usually easy to pick out of a crowd there. I'm the one who looks like a woman.

I was there too. The only people asking about my Garand were the FFLs, and they weren't my target market. They don't pay.

I got a MagPul 30 round magazine and a Command Arms folding vertical foregrip. The mag rocks! Unfortunately, so does the foregrip. It could stand to be a bit tighter.

I'll be back Saturday or Sunday. Maybe someone other than a lowballing scum FFL will make me an offer on my Garand....

Barbara
06-29-2007, 18:42
Should have said hi..

I picked up a cleaning kit and some misc. springs for my AR. And another Glock Mag.

Ender
07-02-2007, 15:00
how much you want for your Garand, btw? i can't afford it, but i'm curious :D

JellyBelly
07-03-2007, 18:59
Originally posted by Ender
how much you want for your Garand, btw? i can't afford it, but i'm curious :D

$750. It's been to the range twice (new Springfield, not WW2 production). These are selling for $1100 on up new yet people in Mason balked at my price. :upeyes:

They must think I'm supposed to GIVE it away or something. :upeyes: My price was so high, apparently, that people weren't making counter offers.

I guess nobody was buying, though. Even the FFLs were complaining about coming to Michigan for the shows, saying how even just over into Ohio they were making much, much more money. I guess ol' Jen ran all the cash out of the state.

MakeMineaP99
07-03-2007, 21:00
Originally posted by JellyBelly
I guess ol' Jen ran all the cash out of the state.

You can say that again...

IMHO, fair price. I wish people would learn if they don't like the price, move on, no need to make rude comments. Good luck with the sale.

Ender
07-03-2007, 21:18
Originally posted by JellyBelly
$750. It's been to the range twice (new Springfield, not WW2 production). These are selling for $1100 on up new yet people in Mason balked at my price. :upeyes:

They must think I'm supposed to GIVE it away or something. :upeyes: My price was so high, apparently, that people weren't making counter offers.

I guess nobody was buying, though. Even the FFLs were complaining about coming to Michigan for the shows, saying how even just over into Ohio they were making much, much more money. I guess ol' Jen ran all the cash out of the state.

i dunno what they go for, since i don't know much about them.

my buddy's dad has one with a coffee table like finish, and figured he could get about a grand for it.

if i could afford it, i'd try to screw you down to $600, but that would just be insulting :rofl:

if you have it in a couple years, pm me ;), a Garand is one of the few guns on my list ;)

Hailstorm
07-04-2007, 05:44
*In Four Years you'll be blown away* Gov. Granny.
I already had been blown away. More fo the same, Of course Dingle is still around too.

Any ways, That is a great looking gun. Would love to have it. But, its lower on the list than a few others first. I'm sure you hear that alot. With money the way it is, its gonna be hard. I do wish you the best of luck though.

As for back on topic, wouldn't mind making it to a show. But, I fear I will be disappointed again. The last handfull of times was laughable. I have known Centennial for a very long time from my camo days. Even though he doesn't know who I am. But, at least at a show.I always know someone who won't try to screw me and has some good deals. Now that i am single again. I will make it again, with money:supergrin:

centennial
07-05-2007, 12:58
Thanks for the kind words!
Now, who the heck are you?!?!?!

If you're at the Gibralter Mt Clemens show this weekend, stop by to say hello!

Dillon RL 550b and XL650 presses will be 5% off and I'm now carrying Mueller scopes at very competitive prices.
Mueller is a Michigan company that offers a lifetime warranty and their scopes are excellent.

Hailstorm
07-05-2007, 16:44
They have a show this weekend? If so, I will do my best to get up there on Sunday. I'll say "Hi" Centennial.

I could say I am one of the seven founders for wayne county , but, I am sure that wouldn't help you much:supergrin: I also played with Mark for a while, until I wised up and got out when the getting was good.

But.. SSSHHH. I didn't say anything:shocked: