Call from General Tanega [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Call from General Tanega

gen1
06-28-2007, 21:00
I just recieved a curious phone call from someone who says he is General Tanega from the citizens drug watch or something.

He is asking me to buy 5 pcs of P5,000 tickets to for a benefit dinner for street children at the Army Navy club.

From my phone conversation from him all indications are he's not Gen Tanega and this is a scam (giveaway indicators are - he's sending someone right now with the tickets and official receipt, he's giving me his calling card, offering to do me special favors/project, etc, etc)

I'm putting this down as a scam but I would be interested to know if others in the forum have recieved similar calls.

Wp.22
06-28-2007, 21:05
6 years ago na scam na kami a ganito police genraral naman tumawag sabi for 10k donation sa foundation nila bibigyan daw kami ng color coding exemption sa lahat ng trucka at sasakyan namin.

revo
06-28-2007, 21:49
Ano kamo ? Gen Tangena ?

:supergrin:

kristiansen
06-28-2007, 22:54
tell him you are Gen. Fabian Ver

horge
06-29-2007, 02:15
Originally posted by kristiansen
tell him you are Gen. Fabian Ver

Better yet, tell him you're Gen. Motors
(I wanna be Gen. Electric).
:tongueout:

nrmcolt
06-29-2007, 05:52
Originally posted by horge
Better yet, tell him you're Gen. Motors
(I wanna be Gen. Electric).
:tongueout:
Ako Horge, Major lang...

Major Problem :supergrin:

vega
06-29-2007, 06:58
Originally posted by revo
Ano kamo ? Gen Tangena ?

:supergrin:
:animlol: Next time he calls, add "mo" after the name.

ahtsay
06-29-2007, 08:44
It happened to me before. Someone would call me in the office and ask for a "donation"....pero may minimum hehehe!! Nagbigay ako once...just the get rid of the caller. After a month, tumawag ulet, ibang event naman. After that its scary to answer the phone na. Parang every month may bagong event. Mostly the callers say they're from Camp Crame/Aguinaldo and some big shot has a fund raising campaign. :supergrin: They would also give you a calling card with a signature daw para pag nahuli ka daw ng pulis, pakita mo lang. Haaay!!!

TTPower
06-29-2007, 11:53
Originally posted by ahtsay
It happened to me before. Someone would call me in the office and ask for a "donation"....pero may minimum hehehe!! Nagbigay ako once...just the get rid of the caller. After a month, tumawag ulet, ibang event naman. After that its scary to answer the phone na. Parang every month may bagong event. Mostly the callers say they're from Camp Crame/Aguinaldo and some big shot has a fund raising campaign. :supergrin: They would also give you a calling card with a signature daw para pag nahuli ka daw ng pulis, pakita mo lang. Haaay!!!

next time sabihin mo di mo kelangan ng card nila kasi yung mga pulis takot sayo! :))

bunganga
06-30-2007, 06:24
Now where's Ben Tulfo when you need him?

Hehehe, saya yan pag pinatulan!

:banana:

chowchow
06-30-2007, 08:39
E expose ninyo yang scam nayan. Be it print or media, Bumbo Radyo or Abs-cbn

charlie-xray
07-01-2007, 00:08
The BIGGEST Question here is how did they get your information?

Are we being watched?

Is the truth out there.....(x-files theme background).

gen1
07-01-2007, 02:09
Originally posted by charlie-xray
The BIGGEST Question here is how did they get your information?

Are we being watched?

Is the truth out there.....(x-files theme background).

That's the funny thing. He knew my name, profession, company name, office number, but not my address.

I think he got a list of potential marks from the internet. I googled my name and it came out with my company's info.

When I asked him how he got my name he told me an engineer friend who didn't want to be named said I was generous. That was the dead giveaway for the scam. wala akong engineer-friend who would think I'm generous :supergrin:

chowchow
07-01-2007, 09:02
Nakakatakot yang mga yan. If you deny them, you dont know who they are in person. They may do something God forbid that may not be nice. Sophisticated na yang mga gagu. Ganon narin kahit saan bec of computerization and easy acc to info.

9MX
07-01-2007, 09:04
foul yan 9mx

crazy_hans
07-01-2007, 11:55
pls. be guided accordingly

chowchow
07-02-2007, 13:06
Kung ganon, mabuti naman.

isuzu
07-02-2007, 16:38
Originally posted by chowchow
Nakakatakot yang mga yan. If you deny them, you dont know who they are in person. They may do something God forbid that may not be nice. Sophisticated na yang mga gagu. Ganon narin kahit saan bec of computerization and easy acc to info.

They probably won't go that far. They just want to scam people and they don't want their operations to stop because they pushed the issue and somebody had them arrested.

They'll just find another unsuspecting victim if they won't be successful with the previous one.

9MX
07-02-2007, 20:58
Originally posted by 9MX
foul yan 9mx

joke yun eyecutter, which is why i used quotations and a laughing icon. but then again, sensitivities are sensitivities:hugs: :animlol:

Alexii
07-02-2007, 21:49
I received a similar call a few years back but from a certain colonel from Camp Crame. He asked me to buy these 'tickets' and in return he'd give me cards I can hang on rearview mirrors and allegedly exempt me from color coding. Said I'll see what I can do about it with my higher ups (chain of command,ika nga, he he). After hanging up, I told my secretary to screen all police and military callers. Nagsawa din ng katatawag.

chowchow
07-02-2007, 22:11
Mga imposters , ang dameng kagaguhan talaga. I lived in a dorm noon. Maybe dalawang mama dumating at nag papakilala na kasama sila sa bro sa isang babae na dorm resident. They were from Saudi daw and they knew all the info about her bro over there. They came to ask money from her saying that her bro is needing it badly. They appear to be in a hurry bec they have to catch the flight back to Saudi daw so she gave them money. In complete trust to these guys who acted like his bro, she was conned to give money.
The guys left in a heartbeat and she found out later from the bro there was no request for such emergency money. Lesson learned.

crazy_hans
07-03-2007, 10:44
Originally posted by crazy_hans
pls. be guided accordingly

ooops sori sir eye cutter, will resort to pm next time. peace sir.:)