Jeep will not start...HELP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jeep will not start...HELP

dissthis
06-29-2007, 14:21
2000 Jeep Cherokee
auto, 4.0 4x4

I went on vacation (thats what I get :laughabove: ) and now my Jeep will not start...
It turns over, has fuel but does not seem to have spark.

This engine has a bar across all 6 plugs with 3 coils on it (I am guessing they are coils)...that sits on top of plugs

Is there a module or something that must have gone out????

Come on GT brain trusts.... help me out

xj4play
07-02-2007, 12:23
when you crank it over does the tach move? if not it most likely will be the crank position sensor.

you may want to disconnect your battery then disconnect your cps and check the connection , maybe clean it out with wd40 then reconnect everything and see if it starts.

dissthis
07-02-2007, 13:29
a little late but....you are correct.:thumbsup:

I bought and replaced it and it started right up. The hardest part was getting my hand up there with the wrench in it to remove the bolts.

I also changed the spark plugs and serp belt too...

thanks anyway...but now I know who to contact in the future with any questions:tongueout:

hpracing007
07-03-2007, 12:09
It could be security system related, do you have any lights in your instrument cluster flashing?

Also check your fuses.

One Ragged Hole
07-03-2007, 14:21
On my 1996 Cherokee, if you turn the ignition key on, then off, on then off 3 times (DON'T start it, just turn the key to ON) your check engine light will blink out a code indicating any problems. The first set of blinks is 10's, the second is 1's, meaning for example, 2 blinks followed by 2 blinks is code 22. It's an easy way to find out any issues. Glad the Crank sensor worked for ya.
O-R-H