Disaster.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Disaster....

PDogSniper
06-30-2007, 13:34
I posted this on another forum, "thesmokering" but I thought I'd share with some here incase there are those who don't frequent that forum...

I guess I'll call this the 4-8 method...

Last night I had a craving and at 8 pm I threw some slabs of Spares on the grill... For some supid reason I figure on them being done about midnight...

Well, midnight comes along and the ribs are nowhere being close to done and I'm fading fast. So I wrap them in foil and stick them in the convection oven at 250 thinking I'll take them off in a few hours... Yea right...!

Well, come 8 am I awake with a start and immediately envision some charred hunks of coal in the oven... Funny, I don't smell anything and I rush to the oven, take out the foil packs and unwrap them to find the moistest most tenderest Spares I've ever had... They literally dripped off of the bone....

Only thing I wish I could have done different is to put some BBQ sauce on them earlier and let that carmalize but I did do that later...

Just for the record I started the fire with some lump coal and maintained with maple logs. So, ineffect it was a wood fired cook...

I've never been a fan of Spares but I think I'm going to play with this and come up with something...

My grandson said the meat was awesome but still pink... Pink, it had a awesome smoke ring and I explainded that to him...

MrsKitty
06-30-2007, 16:53
I am seeing your sigline twice :shocked:

That might be a great and easy way to get good ribs! I am gonna pass this on to our resident grill-person!

PDogSniper
06-30-2007, 17:41
Originally posted by misskitty5077
I am seeing your sigline twice :shocked:

That might be a great and easy way to get good ribs! I am gonna pass this on to our resident grill-person!

I copied and pasted it. Must have got my Sig in there also...

"Our resident grill-person"...? Don't you mean "Your" resident grill person...? As in your significant other...?:supergrin:

MrsKitty
06-30-2007, 18:56
Quit confusing me! :rofl: :rofl: :tongueout: :rofl: :rofl:

I am not allowed to touch the grill. Something about that incident where we burnt the grill up... :rofl:

PDogSniper
06-30-2007, 21:48
Something about that incident where we burnt the grill up... :rofl:

We or He...? ;)

Passafist
07-02-2007, 19:07
Next time before you put them in the oven, hit them with a little liquid smoke and some Jack Daniels Bar-B-Que sauce!

PDogSniper
07-02-2007, 20:30
Originally posted by Passafist
Next time before you put them in the oven, hit them with a little liquid smoke and some Jack Daniels Bar-B-Que sauce!

Why would I want to pour liquid smoke on them...? They already smoked for four hours and had a great smoke ring...:upeyes: The BBQ sauce, yea, but it won't be JD's... :tongueout:

MrsKitty
07-02-2007, 20:31
Originally posted by PDogSniper
We or He...? ;)

Actually, it was a He. I told him to turn it down, not on HIGH! :shocked:

MrsKitty
07-02-2007, 20:32
Originally posted by Passafist

I make my own sauce with JD ;)

PDogSniper
07-02-2007, 20:34
Actually, it was a He. I told him to turn it down, not on HIGH! :shocked: :animlol:

Passafist
07-03-2007, 01:03
I hit'em with a little liquid smoke when they don't hit the grill. They always come out tender and falling off the bone out of the oven when cooked low & slow...like over night or when I'm gone hunting or fishing.