Question for airsofters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for airsofters

vega
07-01-2007, 21:34
I was looking at some mask and I saw 2 different eye protectors.

http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/files/provider/t_34249.jpg

http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/files/provider/t_33732.jpg

Which one is better and why?

3kings
07-01-2007, 21:39
both are ok. its your preference.
anyway i believe that fps limit in your part of the world is within safe limits.

keep safe and have fun

vega
07-01-2007, 21:58
I believe some players are upgrading up to 400 fps. I wear corrective lens and I should get something which will let me wear my glasses. Thanks for the response.

3kings
07-01-2007, 22:03
400fps is still safe for the items mentioned above.

unfortunately the local scene here is very different. there are gamesites that have no fps limit. a team mate of mine got hit in the eye with a 600-700fps metal coated .43bb

ahtsay
07-01-2007, 22:16
I like the mask on top because it protects more of your head. The only drawback is that your lens can fog up and its hotter. The mask with the wire mesh can be a lot cooler, but I have seen people get hit in that area with the BB shattering into smaller pieces. The smaller projectile pieces had enough momentum to cause injury to the face area. I wouldn't risk getting blind for the sake of some comfort. I think the lexan can provide better protection for you eyes. :supergrin:

southplinker
07-01-2007, 22:32
any chance you'll be playing with H.A.S. guys?

vega
07-01-2007, 22:40
Originally posted by ahtsay
The mask with the wire mesh can be a lot cooler, but I have seen people get hit in that area with the BB shattering into smaller pieces. The smaller projectile pieces had enough momentum to cause injury to the face area. That's what I'm afraid of, I'll probably stick to lexan. I'll probably get this one if it allows me to wear my glasses.

http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/files/provider/t_33216_01.jpg

vega
07-01-2007, 22:44
Originally posted by southplinker
any chance you'll be playing with H.A.S. guys?
Aren't they somewhere north?

Poodle
07-02-2007, 01:05
Originally posted by 3kings
400fps is still safe for the items mentioned above.

unfortunately the local scene here is very different. there are gamesites that have no fps limit. a team mate of mine got hit in the eye with a 600-700fps metal coated .43bb

Wow! Saang gamesite yun? Criminal na yun ah. How is your team mate? Those "airsoft" guns already approximate air rifles.

Vega, the second one has less tendency of fogging. Puede ba magdala ng airsoft mask diyan sa US?

Poodle
07-02-2007, 01:07
Vega, the second one has less tendency of fogging. Kung naka-glasses ka me added protection ka pa. Bili kita ng shatter proof dito na puede lagyan ng corrective lenses. Puede ba magdala ng airsoft mask diyan sa US?

southplinker
07-02-2007, 09:44
Originally posted by vega
Aren't they somewhere north?

No Sir, as far as I know they're Socal. We use to play in Riverside at Woodcrest but they closed that field already. I was from Riverside and most of them are coming from, if not, near the beach cities.

Check them out at hagibisairsoft.net :thumbsup:

Oh and if you'll be playing a H.A.S sanctioned game, you won't be needing them face mask! They're very strict with F.P.S stuff, I think 420fps is our limit before. Just use your oakley, wiley-X or the ones from walmart and your good to go :supergrin:

That's if you don't mind getting hit in the face once in a while.

vega
07-02-2007, 19:49
Originally posted by Poodle
Vega, the second one has less tendency of fogging. Kung naka-glasses ka me added protection ka pa. Bili kita ng shatter proof dito na puede lagyan ng corrective lenses. Puede ba magdala ng airsoft mask diyan sa US? Huwag ka na magdala, baka harangin ka sa airport dito. Mahigpit ngayon. Ang fogging madalas lang kung malamig ang panahon 'di ba?

Poodle
07-02-2007, 23:46
Originally posted by vega
Huwag ka na magdala, baka harangin ka sa airport dito. Mahigpit ngayon. Ang fogging madalas lang kung malamig ang panahon 'di ba?

Kahit mainit me fogging, dito sa Pinas laging me fogging pag gumagamit ako ng goggles. Maginhawa nang konti ang metal screen. me salamin ka naman sa ilalim, kahit ma-shatter ang BB at me makapasok na particle ok lang. Me nababalitaan ako sa mga forum na na-injure dahil tumagos sa metal screen pero wala pa ako na-meet na airsofter na nagsabi ng actual na incident.

Wp.22
07-03-2007, 00:04
to prevent fogging we use 5 volt fan yung nasa laptop and we put then on top of our goggles. ok naman siya since ginawa namin yun hind na nag fog yung goggles namin. be it da regular sunday game or night games