Public Forum on Nevada Right-to-Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Public Forum on Nevada Right-to-Carry

jlavallee
07-02-2007, 11:07
Public Forum on Nevada Right-to-Carry
Here's a chance for Nevada GTers to get the skinny on the new CCW rules. The Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association is the group that sets the standards for CCW training in NV.

"The Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association (NSCA) will hold a public forum on the subject of Nevada’s right-to-carry system on Wednesday, July 11th from 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. in Carson City.

An overview of Senate Bill 237, the right-to-carry reciprocity measure signed by Governor Gibbons, will be highlighted in the session, as well as general comments and questions on Nevada’s concealed carry permit system. In attendance will be members of the CCW Subcommittee for the NSCA, and a representative of the Department of Public Safety’s Criminal History Repository. Public comment is welcome and encouraged, so please take the time to attend this important forum.

Individuals who wish to attend in Southern Nevada will have their voices heard via tele-conference at the Grant Sawyer Building in Las Vegas.

Carson City Location:

Nevada Legislative Building

402 S. Carson St.

Las Vegas Location:

Grant Sawyer State Office Building

555 E. Washington Avenue"

rob.lund
07-09-2007, 22:03
I am not going to be able to attend, but if you attend, please post up comments on how it goes. I am very interested to hear how things shape up. Thanks.

Quiet
07-11-2007, 19:22
any updates?

jlavallee
07-11-2007, 19:26
Work was too crazy, I could not attend. Hopefully someone went.

rob.lund
07-11-2007, 21:46
I will ask around tomorrow, and post any details I find out.

rob.lund
07-11-2007, 23:26
I just listened to Cam & Company on NRA's website. He had on the a lady that helped run the forum. It sounds like everything went well, and they are hoping to make this a yearly ordeal. She didn't get into what was discussed, but hopefully they will throw up some minutes or summary on the NRA-ILA site.

rob.lund
07-12-2007, 23:23
I did find out that you will still "qualify" with certain handguns, and they will be added to your CCW just as they were before. I had heard only through second hand sources that the new legislation now made it so you could qualify for a generic "Semi-Auto" or "Revolver" on your permit, but this is apparently not the case. As I under stand it, it is the same as it was before. I heard there was a great turnout to the forum, but I talked to all of my gun buddies today, and nobody went up to the forum. All but one of us works during the day. I probably would have taken time off to go to this, but I hadn't heard about it early enough in advance.

Quiet
07-12-2007, 23:33
Originally posted by rob.lund
I did find out that you will still "qualify" with certain handguns, and they will be added to your CCW just as they were before. I had heard only through second hand sources that the new legislation now made it so you could qualify for a generic "Semi-Auto" or "Revolver" on your permit, but this is apparently not the case. As I under stand it, it is the same as it was before.
According to the new legislative changes, it stayed the same for semi-autos. Revolvers got changed to a generic category, qualify with one and you are covered for all.

www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Bills/SB/SB237_EN.pdf

rob.lund
07-13-2007, 08:08
Thanks for the clarification on the revolvers.

jfrey123
07-13-2007, 09:30
Revolvers got changed to a generic category, qualify with one and you are covered for all.

What date does this go effective on? I'm qualifying with carry weapons this weekend, and if I qualify with a revolver and wait til the effective date, I think I might squeak by and fall into this catergory...

Man that would make it easier to carry... Especially if they did it for semi-autos as well...

Quiet
07-13-2007, 16:38
Originally posted by jfrey123
What date does this go effective on? I'm qualifying with carry weapons this weekend, and if I qualify with a revolver and wait til the effective date, I think I might squeak by and fall into this catergory...

Man that would make it easier to carry... Especially if they did it for semi-autos as well...

10-01-2007.

Anything before this date goes by the old system.