WPB Gun show July 7th & 8th [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WPB Gun show July 7th & 8th


Teslaus
07-02-2007, 13:49
Anyone know any info about this show? i.e. where will it be held, is there an entrance fee, what are the opening/closing times, what is the process of buying a gun there, etc? Thanks in advance

rich52us
07-02-2007, 14:03
Originally posted by Teslaus
Anyone know any info about this show? i.e. where will it be held, is there an entrance fee, what are the opening/closing times, what is the process of buying a gun there, etc? Thanks in advance

Here's a link to the South Florida Expo Center/Fairgrounds that will give you location, time and entree fee:

http://www.southfloridafair.com/

Buying a gun there from a dealer is just like any other dealer transaction. 3 day wait unless you have a CCW permit, then no wait. FTF transactions can only be done off premises.

I'll be there Sat morning:thumbsup:

Court in FL.
07-02-2007, 14:46
South Florida Fairgrounds.

Just off Southern Blvd, about 1/4 mile East of State Road 7.


Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Admission is $7.00 for Adults, 12 and under, free.
Expo West. Enter Gate 12.
FREE PARKING.

I will have a table there with some AR stuff & handguns.

Court in FL.

Passafist
07-02-2007, 19:51
Has anyone ever traveled out of their local area to other Florida gun shows? Is a gun show in one location bigger and better than in another or are they all the same? Where is the BEST gun show in Florida held at?

Thanks.

Lowell
07-02-2007, 20:01
i always go to the Fort Laud and Miami shows, and went to the last WPB show for the first time;
If i were to rate them, I vote Miami -8/Fort Laud-7/West Palm-7, in that order, with Fort Laud being just a bit better than WPB.
No perfect 10's that I've ever tripped over so far.

legion3
07-03-2007, 17:28
Lakeland Rifle and Pistol club shows are the big two room shows at the Lakeland Center...they claim about 650 tables but basically its two full size civic center type rooms.

http://www.lrpc.org/about_club.html

They have 3 shows a year, these shows bring out different people and the collectors. Next is the 3rd weekend of September

It used to be the premier show in Florida...but no gunshows are what they used to be.

other links:

http://www.suncoastgunshows.com/

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/florida_gun_shows.htm

http://www.buymilsurp.com/gunshows.html

hammerheadtib
07-03-2007, 21:13
I'm going to the show this weekend. This will be my first show and I'll be looking for my first gun. Also I just went to Gater Gun off of okeechobee and the guy was pretty cool. But the price seemed way to high. 599.99 for a Glock 19

rich52us
07-04-2007, 03:01
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
I'm going to the show this weekend. This will be my first show and I'll be looking for my first gun. Also I just went to Gater Gun off of okeechobee and the guy was pretty cool. But the price seemed way to high. 599.99 for a Glock 19

Gator has a reputation for high prices.

Gmountain
07-04-2007, 06:54
It cost's $7 or $8 to get in to the WPB show. Parking is free, unlike the Ft. Lauderdale show where they rip you off on parking.

West Palm is usually pretty good. Best prices are from Florida Gun Exchange.

Ft. Lauderdale is different, get's a couple of different vendors, but I don't like it as much.It's more crowded, and there are more non-gun junk sellers.

Ft. Pierce is a disaster. Whatever you do, don't waste you money there. Same with Okeechobee, although they haven't had one there in a while. Melbourne was small and had limited choices. I wouldn't go back.

Far and away the best gun show I've ever been to has been Lakeland.

You must come prepared though. Do your research and know your prices before you walk in. If not, you will be like a lamb led to the slaughter. Don't expect to get smoking deals-sometimes you can, but it is rare and takes luck.

There are some dealers there-the guy selling NCStar scopes-that actually has lower prices on his own website than he advertises at the show. By the way, do not buy NCStar scopes, because they are garbage.

Bring cash. If you hope to negotiate with someone, you must do it in cash. Don't insult the dealers by offering a price that is too low. They won't bite-they have to make money also. Know your stuff before you walk in. Did I say that?

Another strategy is to look around, go home, do the research, and go back.

Gun shows are fun, because you can handle a lot of guns, get accessories (I do that) and sometimes get good things.

rich52us
07-04-2007, 07:01
Originally posted by Gmountain
It cost's $7 or $8 to get in to the WPB show. Parking is free, unlike the Ft. Lauderdale show where they rip you off on parking.

West Palm is usually pretty good. Best prices are from Florida Gun Exchange.

Ft. Lauderdale is different, get's a couple of different vendors, but I don't like it as much.It's more crowded, and there are more non-gun junk sellers.

Ft. Pierce is a disaster. Whatever you do, don't waste you money there. Same with Okeechobee, although they haven't had one there in a while. Melbourne was small and had limited choices. I wouldn't go back.

Far and away the best gun show I've ever been to has been Lakeland.

You must come prepared though. Do your research and know your prices before you walk in. If not, you will be like a lamb led to the slaughter. Don't expect to get smoking deals-sometimes you can, but it is rare and takes luck.

There are some dealers there-the guy selling NCStar scopes-that actually has lower prices on his own website than he advertises at the show. By the way, do not buy NCStar scopes, because they are garbage.

Bring cash. If you hope to negotiate with someone, you must do it in cash. Don't insult the dealers by offering a price that is too low. They won't bite-they have to make money also. Know your stuff before you walk in. Did I say that?

Another strategy is to look around, go home, do the research, and go back.

Gun shows are fun, because you can handle a lot of guns, get accessories (I do that) and sometimes get good things.

Nice report Gmountain. I pretty much agree. I haven't been to the Lakeland show, but I will have to try it. I pretty much agree on the others. The entry fee at WPB is $7. There's also the Miami show. It seems about like the Ft. Laud show, with most of the same vendors ( I think it was better when it used to be at Coconut Grove). The only thing about the Miami & Ft. Laud shows is that Georgia Arms ammo attend them, and I like their ammo. For some reason, Georgia Arms doesn't go to WPB. I also hate paying for parking. I love the WPB shows:thumbsup:

legion3
07-04-2007, 11:53
Also the good thing about the Lakeland Show (s) Suncoast or the Rifle and Pistol Club is that Polk County has no silly laws (currently)on private sales.

Different counties have different laws on private sales, Lakeland no issues on private sales - handguns or other...

edbird45
07-04-2007, 12:08
I live in the WPB area and have been to the WPB show dozens of times. It's been a real education.

Good advice from GMountain. I went to a C&R show at Lakeland a few years back at the downtown Lakeland Center, it was huge and great fun, but as always, scammers abound. You have to know what you're doing, or as GM said, lambs to the slaughter.

Gator is famous for outrageous prices and even more outrageous attitudes. You should be able to buy a Glock 19 at the WPB gun show from Florida Gun Exchange or from Weapons Unlimited for about $475 or less before tax and fees. OF course experience is a great teacher, so is going to the show with a "pro" who's been around the tables, a few times. Some of the smaller vendors can have either the highest or the lowest prices, they're all different. Some make you just shake your head and walk away.....old beater Glocks selling for the same or higher prices as a brand new one from FGE next table over, for example.

Magazines are another story, there are some really over priced magazine sellers at that show, but occasionally a vendor with good prices shows up. Same with ammo, although of course all ammo is high now. Buyer beware.

Last, a free plug, seek out "Court in FL"'s table up front right behind the Glock armorer, he's a nice guy with very fair prices for everything he sells. I and several of my friends (who are really hard-assed about prices) have done business with him and are very satisfied.

Good luck. I'll be on the road this weekend and will miss the show.

edbird45

edbird45
07-04-2007, 12:09
Oh yea, forgot, as GM says, those cheap scopes at the show are a waste of money....

noway
07-04-2007, 15:10
Court you plan on having any 45auto M&P smiths? I'm shooting at the PBSO range down the way and might stop in after the range to see what's around.

Court in FL.
07-04-2007, 16:23
No S&W .45's this time.

Should have some Armscorp 1911's, Sig 226, S&W M39, S&W M10 and maybe some Sig 225 and if they come in before Saturday some LMT AR rifles.
5 makes of AR receivers, AK receivers and some AR 10 receivers.

See you at the show.

Court in FL.

hammerheadtib
07-04-2007, 21:16
Should I have cash....I was only planning on bringing my discover card.

Teslaus
07-04-2007, 21:26
I'm gonna bring about a grand with me & have my Visa as back up! Might sound like a dumb question, but are we allowed to carry inside there? I probably answered my own question, but you never know!

hammerheadtib
07-04-2007, 22:20
I read that if you do carry the gun has to have no clip in it. Also I read that at one of the other shows they put a zip tie inside the barrel

Gmountain
07-05-2007, 05:05
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
Should I have cash....I was only planning on bringing my discover card.

Cash. If you want deals, it's cash. Some even charge more for cards.

Gmountain
07-05-2007, 05:07
Originally posted by Teslaus
I'm gonna bring about a grand with me & have my Visa as back up! Might sound like a dumb question, but are we allowed to carry inside there? I probably answered my own question, but you never know!

Carry is not prohibited by law.

There are signs out front that says no concealed firearms, and they have a cop at the door to intimidate you, but, of course, they can't search you.

FWIW, I just leave my gun in the car.

noway
07-05-2007, 18:52
Last time I was at WPB gunshow ( 2 years back ) no problems with Carry. I think they had some sign or something that if you where selling a gun it had to be zip-tie and they provided ties at the front door.

noway
07-05-2007, 18:56
btw court what's/where your table located at ? Or should I expect a "COURT IS HERE sign " ;)

rich52us
07-05-2007, 19:09
Originally posted by noway
Last time I was at WPB gunshow ( 2 years back ) no problems with Carry. I think they had some sign or something that if you where selling a gun it had to be zip-tie and they provided ties at the front door.

They now have signs saying no loaded firearms, and a deputy at the table where there is a guy zip-tying all firearms going inside.

Teslaus
07-07-2007, 14:35
Went to the show this morning, was pretty good IMO for a first timer. I picked up a Beretta 92 police edition, with 3 hi-cap mags for $524 after tax & a Glock 19 with 3 hi-cap mags for $483 after tax! Both weapons are NIB!

Anyone else pick up some good stuff there?

Gmountain
07-07-2007, 14:54
Originally posted by Teslaus
Went to the show this morning, was pretty good IMO for a first timer. I picked up a Beretta 92 police edition, with 3 hi-cap mags for $524 after tax & a Glock 19 with 3 hi-cap mags for $483 after tax! Both weapons are NIB!

Anyone else pick up some good stuff there?

Glad you had a good time, but you didn't get hi-cap mags, did you? 30 rounders?

Let's keep the terminology correct. You took home standard capacity magazines. New York and and some other states allow reduced capacity magazines.

Congrats on the guns.

rich52us
07-07-2007, 15:02
Originally posted by Teslaus
Went to the show this morning, was pretty good IMO for a first timer. I picked up a Beretta 92 police edition, with 3 hi-cap mags for $524 after tax & a Glock 19 with 3 hi-cap mags for $483 after tax! Both weapons are NIB!

Anyone else pick up some good stuff there?

Hi again Teslus. I was there this morning too. Seemed like a good show but I didn't purchase any firearms. Just some accessories. I thought you said in the other thread you were going to get the LE/Mil discount on the G19?

Teslaus
07-07-2007, 15:45
Yea I got the discount at 450 from the dealer at PBSC. That was THERE LE/MIL discount. I know some places have them for cheaper.

rich52us
07-07-2007, 15:55
Originally posted by Teslaus
Yea I got the discount at 450 from the dealer at PBSC. That was THERE LE/MIL discount. I know some places have them for cheaper.

Well, enjoy your new pistols. In the future, call Glock and they will tell you the real LE/Mil discount dealers. The discount is from Glock, through specified dealers, not the dealer's discount.

And good luck with the Academy.

NYCE
07-07-2007, 17:35
Went, was ok. Was my first gun show.

Just got another 15rd mag for my G19 and a 33rd rd Mag. Both Glock factory mags. Got a better deal then I've been able to find online.


Only thing that sucked is I wanted some Meprolights. Guy at G&L Glock was trying to charge $100 for them installed or not installed. Will get from glockmeister Monday for $67.

hammerheadtib
07-07-2007, 21:12
Went to the show today and had a blast. It was my first show and I got my first gun there. A Glock 19. Got it from Florida Gun Exchange for 489 before tax.
I going to go tomarrow for some ammo. Any ideas on What brand I should look for and what price I should be paying.

Lowell
07-07-2007, 21:27
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
Went to the show today and had a blast. It was my first show and I got my first gun there.
Congrats on the new Glock! Since it was your first gun show, it's always a special event.... other shows have been better...reminds me of the story about how to a starving man, saltine crackers taste like a gourmet meal....Glad you got what you wanted at the show!

Gmountain
07-07-2007, 21:32
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
Went to the show today and had a blast. It was my first show and I got my first gun there. A Glock 19. Got it from Florida Gun Exchange for 489 before tax.
I going to go tomarrow for some ammo. Any ideas on What brand I should look for and what price I should be paying.

Get on the websites tonight and get prices for ammo. Midway, Natchez, Able, Ammoman, Wideners, BassPro, all of them and look for prices. I rarely find good ammo prices at the shows. Do your research here. Mail order ammo is almost always cheaper. Figure in your admission price, tax, etc too.

hammerheadtib
07-07-2007, 21:40
cool, thanks everybody

rich52us
07-08-2007, 04:01
Originally posted by Gmountain
Get on the websites tonight and get prices for ammo. Midway, Natchez, Able, Ammoman, Wideners, BassPro, all of them and look for prices. I rarely find good ammo prices at the shows. Do your research here. Mail order ammo is almost always cheaper. Figure in your admission price, tax, etc too.

Don't forget to add shipping to the mailorder prices. Also check Walmart for WWB prices.

NYCE
07-08-2007, 09:26
^ that's what I'd say.

After you factor in tax or shipping I haven't really found better prices online then walmart for regular range ammo. Only advantage to online is it's easier then having to go to walmart and get 20 boxes of ammo.

noway
07-08-2007, 14:20
Just got back and the show was no different that the last time 2 years back. alot more "gadet" vendors if I have to say & it looked like alot showed up. The ccw training class of people was pretty huge tho ;)



I bought jerky and ammo and that was about it. I found 2 half-way decent M&P 45auto prices but held my dollars. I still think I can beat the prices given online or thru an out of state dealer.

avmech
07-08-2007, 17:05
So-so show. Buddy of mine and I picked up some 30 round mags from Court

Gmountain
07-08-2007, 17:55
Sounds like I made the right decision to pass this one up. Thanks for the reports.

packinaglock
07-08-2007, 18:54
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
I'm going to the show this weekend. This will be my first show and I'll be looking for my first gun. Also I just went to Gater Gun off of okeechobee and the guy was pretty cool. But the price seemed way to high. 599.99 for a Glock 19 Try going to Palm Beach shooting center their gun prices are a little cheeper but for shooting Gator is cheeper.

packinaglock
07-08-2007, 19:06
Oh and did every one see the girlsandguns.com girls, WOW first time iv'e seen them there.

rich52us
07-08-2007, 19:07
Originally posted by packinaglock
Oh and did every one see the girlsandguns.com girls, WOW first time iv'e seen them there.

Yea. It seems there were alot of non-gun related tables this time.

Court in FL.
07-08-2007, 21:36
Oh and did every one see the girlsandguns.com girls, WOW first time iv'e seen them there.

You bet I did ! They set up right across from my table, I loved seeing the one in the short skirt bend over to sign the calendars.

Made my day. : )

Court in FL.

rich52us
07-09-2007, 05:25
Originally posted by Court in FL.
Oh and did every one see the girlsandguns.com girls, WOW first time iv'e seen them there.

You bet I did ! They set up right across from my table, I loved seeing the one in the short skirt bend over to sign the calendars.

Made my day. : )

Court in FL.

Nice meeting you Court. Glad you enjoyed the show.:rofl:

Teslaus
07-09-2007, 12:54
Originally posted by Court in FL.
Oh and did every one see the girlsandguns.com girls, WOW first time iv'e seen them there.

You bet I did ! They set up right across from my table, I loved seeing the one in the short skirt bend over to sign the calendars.

Made my day. : )

Court in FL.

OH BOY! How could I forget the girls... I walked past the blonde as she was coming into the show & I bumped into her & as I said sorry hun you alright? She just giggled & said I'm fine, you? I didn't think of it until after I walked away! MAN I should of stayed & chatted to her & the other girl. But I am jealous of Court though :( wish I was him....

packinaglock
07-09-2007, 20:03
Yea he got to check them ( # ) ( # ) out all day

hammerheadtib
07-09-2007, 20:32
the (#)(#) were nice but how about their. @$$.....wow