PDA

View Full Version : Light for 2k

Allegra
07-03-2007, 07:27
after an exciting early evening kanina
I'm suddenly in the market for a good light hehe
Whats the best light for 2t??
Preferably small enough to fit in a beltbag , led , w/ AA batteries
Was looking at a Maglite led , w/ 3 AA batteries, ok ba yun?

charlie-xray
07-03-2007, 07:35
Fenix lights could be found at SOE. Cree bulbs are very bright.

Eye Cutter
07-03-2007, 17:48
go with the LED's super tipid sa battery, ang liwanag pa!

i have a very small fenix LOD light. uses 1 AAA battery. pinabili ni binoy sa US.

http://www.fenix-store.com/images/fenixl0d01.jpg

Allegra
07-03-2007, 18:55
looks expensive those fenix lights :) baka lampas budget
Doc , that light of yours mukang 2t na hehe
I need a little bigger light, mga 2 to 3 AA batteries

I dropped by SOE pa naman kahapon to have a knife sharpened , hindi pako tumingin ng lights

Kaiser Soze
07-03-2007, 19:37
Originally posted by Allegra
looks expensive those fenix lights :) baka lampas budget
Doc , that light of yours mukang 2t na hehe
I need a little bigger light, mga 2 to 3 AA batteries

I dropped by SOE pa naman kahapon to have a knife sharpened , hindi pako tumingin ng lights

Sir I think you should reconsider, Fenix lights are brighter than maglights with 2 batteries. You can get the fenix for around your budget. :)

Chie
07-03-2007, 19:39
after an exciting early evening kanina
I'm suddenly in the market for a good light hehe
Whats the best light for 2t??
Preferably small enough to fit in a beltbag , led , w/ AA batteries
Was looking at a Maglite led , w/ 3 AA batteries, ok ba yun?

I got my mag light led 2 AA batt in the US it's bright enough for me, And it only cost me $20. Fit's belt bag w/o a problem.

hth

Allegra
07-03-2007, 22:03
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Sir I think you should reconsider, Fenix lights are brighter than maglights with 2 batteries. You can get the fenix for around your budget. :)

any particular model you can recommend that fits the budget? :)

Kaiser Soze
07-03-2007, 22:12
Hmmm...the lowest priced model with a CREE bulb is the LOD for 2889, the non-CREE E0 at 1089.

Just talk to Manny or Bien, I'm sure they can work something out for you.

Glock_19_9x19
07-03-2007, 22:51
Hmmm...the lowest priced model with a CREE bulb is the LOD for 2889, the non-CREE E0 at 1089.

Just talk to Manny or Bien, I'm sure they can work something out for you.

Hmm..what's the difference sa cree and non-cree?

charlie-xray
07-04-2007, 00:13
A LOOOOT

Just imagine: I tried it last night, I'm at the street level and flashed the P3D Cree Bulb Fenix Turbo Mode 160 lumens into the 4th to 5th floor apartment building right next to me and still highly visible white light plus the inside of the room.

Originally posted by Glock_19_9x19
Hmm..what's the difference sa cree and non-cree?

XXXyzledge
07-04-2007, 02:53
2k budget?

dagdagan mo ng lang ng konti....

fenix ka na!

around 2.8k to 3k yung L1D w/c uses 1 AA batt...
cree bulb, 90 lumens.... sulit to !!!

maglite uses 2 batts... pero mahina pa rin yung beam...

Allegra
07-04-2007, 06:37
highly recommended si Fenix ah
Makapasyal nga ulit soe
How long does the L1D AA battery last?
Baka pwede gamitin sa night bike rides

charlie-xray
07-04-2007, 06:54
Madali po dahil po 2cm width lang po yung P3D and some L series but packs a punch, I believe SOE has the Jetbeam as well highly recommended din po yan, ang claim po sa Jetbeam is the Cadillac of Cree Bulbs.

highly recommended si Fenix ah
Makapasyal nga ulit soe
How long does the L1D AA battery last?
Baka pwede gamitin sa night bike rides

Allegra
07-04-2007, 18:29
gunshow is next week , so I'll probably drop by to take a look at the lights

XXXyzledge
07-04-2007, 18:41
great idea sir !!
baka mas may discount sa gunshow... hehehehehe.....

Alexii
07-04-2007, 20:05
So SOE will have Fenix lights this gunshow?

Glock_19_9x19
07-04-2007, 20:14
Sana meron. I'm adding a fenix to my shopping list. The L1d and P3d sure looks great :)

Fenix Lights (http://www.fenixlight.com/)

Kaiser Soze
07-04-2007, 23:04
Yup, the guys will be bringing the usual great stuff they sell - taclights, knives, holsters, nylon gear . :)

Alexii
07-05-2007, 18:58
I was browsing Fenix's site and zeroed in on the L2D with the CREE unit. Did I read that right, 135 lumens from a pair of double A's?! That's more than twice the output of my Surefire.

Kaiser Soze
07-05-2007, 19:14
Originally posted by Alexii
I was browsing Fenix's site and zeroed in on the L2D with the CREE unit. Did I read that right, 135 lumens from a pair of double A's?! That's more than twice the output of my Surefire.

That's their advertised claim, you can check candlepowerforums for the real deal. It IS really bright, but keep in mind it's an LED, so incandescent (yellow bulbs) like the one in the G2 still throw further. It's a great light though.

I got the P3D.

Check them out at the shop.

Allegra
07-05-2007, 19:33
a little help my friends , lumen for me is the pretty girl in the detergent commercial

How bright is 90 lumens? pwede pang outdoor?
How would a 1 cell AA L1d compare to a 3 cell AA battery mini-maglite?

9 lumens for 25 hours on a single AA? maganda pang brownouts or camping trips

Kaiser Soze
07-05-2007, 20:33
a little help my friends , lumen for me is the pretty girl in the detergent commercial

How bright is 90 lumens? pwede pang outdoor?
How would a 1 cell AA L1d compare to a 3 cell AA battery mini-maglite?

9 lumens for 25 hours on a single AA? maganda pang brownouts or camping trips

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumen_%28unit%29

Eto na lang sir: "The 2-cell AA Mini Maglite can last up to six hours on its batteries and puts out 5.30 lumens of light." from http://www.special-operations-technology.com/article.cfm?DocID=799

The Fenix is better. :)

Allegra
07-06-2007, 09:20
Thanx , i'm convinced w/ the fenix
I never thought flashlights would be this interesting
I need more burglars para masulit yung expense :)

Kaiser Soze
07-06-2007, 11:03
Did anyone else experience a weird brownout tonight? I live in the Alabang area and we lost power for a short time, no real rain, but almost storm strength winds hits us and knocked the power out.

My fenix and my JetBeam came to the rescue, especially when I had to open the gate in the dark. I used highest setting when I checked the outside of the house for any fallen tree limbs etc, and the lowest setting to light my way inside the house.

Eye Cutter
07-06-2007, 11:22
fafa allegra: sulit na sulit yung fenix ko kanina! madilim kasi sa studio so kelangan meron ka ilaw to get the gear... si gundog kasi palit ng palit ng lente ng camera nya...

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z105/DocBEye/DSC_2887r.jpg

Allegra
07-06-2007, 11:56
Doc , talgang mahirap nga mag hanap ng gear jan hehe

I guess this answered all my questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfuJ8ru7Xk&mode=related&search=

binoy
07-07-2007, 08:39
Allegra,
For 2K ill give away my 2AA Maglite with the LED conversion kit :supergrin:

Allegra
07-07-2007, 09:34
hehe I cant , my mind is set on the fenix

KevlarSix
07-08-2007, 00:20
By the way, One can get a Fenix L1D Clone for around 2t only. It's also powered by a CREE Bulb and has a push button switch instead. Check this out:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161298

KevlarSix

darwin25
07-08-2007, 03:38
Originally posted by Alexii

Yap. The Fenix L2D is the one I got.

But really for tactical use, I would still prefer my G2 Nitrolon. Incandecent bulbs I think still reigns supreme for tactical applications. 65 lumens from Surefire G2 Nitrolon is much like 135 lumens out of white LED. Much better if you have a P61 light assembly producing 120 lumens. Try focusing it in your own eyes (I did it bro). The G2's 65 lumens from an incandecent bulb is much more painful and hotter (much like searing) to the eyes than the 135 lumens from the white LED.

The Fenix L2D though is an excellent all purpose handheld light which can do double duty as a handheld tactical light. The strobe function is superb and has tactical applications too.

KevlarSix
07-08-2007, 03:56
Sir, Pardon for the question. How would you define a "Tactical" use for a flashlight?

darwin25
07-08-2007, 04:45
Originally posted by KevlarSix
Sir, Pardon for the question. How would you define a "Tactical" use for a flashlight?

For me I would define "tactical" as gaining an advantage over your opponent. After all that's what tactics is all about. Something like momentary incapacitation, impairing his vision, causing hin disorientation. It can also be something that allows you to effectively illuminate dark areas and identify threat. Tactical in the sense that it allows you to sustain the initiative that you already have or steal it from your opponent.

It is interesting to note that incandescent lights allow one to see much better and discern objects and colors than white light. Have you ever driven through a white stret light? That's exactly the reason why incandescent lights are preferred to illuminate the streets. Same principle applies to handheld lights.

KevlarSix
07-08-2007, 04:47
Thanks sir. A friend was asking me regarding it. Can't explain as I have not much knowledge into these things.

mikol
07-08-2007, 07:45
By the way, One can get a Fenix L1D Clone for around 2t only. It's also powered by a CREE Bulb and has a push button switch instead. Check this out:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161298

KevlarSix
nice & cheap cree bulb lights indeed sir KevlarSix. :thumbsup:
laser sights w/ gun mounts are very cheap aswell..:banana:

zij11zk
07-09-2007, 00:50
Both the LED CREE lamps are very good and economical... will get the job done for most applications...

But based on my experince and reliability of flashlights... I would recommend a surefire flashlight... for a just few more hundred bucks....

Quality and Reliability === guaranteed...

G2 Nitrolon or a 6P would be a very good investment... (2.5k ~3K???)

If you could save alittle more... I'd suggest the 6P Defender...(around 3.5k~4.0K???)

Fenix lights are ok.... But I'm happy and really sold with the SF Difference...

Just my thoughts....

Kaiser Soze
07-09-2007, 00:59
Originally posted by zij11zk
Both the LED CREE lamps are very good and economical... will get the job done for most applications...

But based on my experince and reliability of flashlights... I would recommend a surefire flashlight... for a just few more hundred bucks....

Quality and Reliability === guaranteed...

G2 Nitrolon or a 6P would be a very good investment... (2.5k ~3K???)

If you could save alittle more... I'd suggest the 6P Defender...(around 3.5k~4.0K???)

Fenix lights are ok.... But I'm happy and really sold with the SF Difference...

Just my thoughts....

I agree with you here bro, SFs are really made to be tactical lights, they are more durable and have been proven through the use by policemen and the military.

I like the Fenix lights too because they're a good everyday light for normal tasks like looking for something that fell in the movie theater or checking your car engine.

I reserve my SF's for the tasks like checking some night time noises. The Fenix is for everything else. :supergrin:

zij11zk
07-09-2007, 01:22
I agree with you here bro, SFs are really made to be tactical lights, they are more durable and have been proven through the use by policemen and the military.

I like the Fenix lights too because they're a good everyday light for normal tasks like looking for something that fell in the movie theater or checking your car engine.

I reserve my SF's for the tasks like checking some night time noises. The Fenix is for everything else. :supergrin:

Agree with you 100%...

Musta na TOM... How's your uncle Bien & Manny Doing...

Excited to see everyone at the GUNSHOW... Lets check out the G21SF... I might be tempted to get one.... what you think???

Regards to all SOE + BOG peeps

Kaiser Soze
07-09-2007, 01:28
Hehe, I'm reserving two units - 1 for my dad, and the other for my brother. Trust Trade assures that they will have enough to meet the demand, no advice on price yet though.

zij11zk
07-09-2007, 01:48
I'm guessing it will be in the 40~42k range...

lets see... If I can save enough cash for a 2nd GLOCK why not...

damn... Anyone want to buy a Glock23???

When are visiting the GUNSHOW??? Will call/text thru BIEN... Really also want to get my hands on that G21SF... Reserve one for about 5K...

See you there...

My apologies to all... Back to the Topic...

Fenix lights are good... Just visit their website --- FENIXLIGHT.COM
Also visit SF's site ---- SUREFIRE.COM

To each his own....

Allegra
07-09-2007, 16:58
you guys are so gulo ha, ano ba talaga?? hehe

I've been using my 1 AA cell coleman for a long time so anything even slightly better would be an improvement for me
Matibay ba ang fenix? I hope anything that expensive wouldnt crap out in a few months , I hope

KevlarSix
07-09-2007, 18:35
The same person who was with me here yesterday had a bad experience with a tactical light. His SF G2Z Nitrolon's P61 bulb burned out at the very last minute when he went to check something outside his home. Had to return inside to replace the burned out P61 bulb with the standard P60 bulb he replaced a few months ago.

XXXyzledge
07-09-2007, 18:55

I've been using my 1 AA cell coleman for a long time so anything even slightly better would be an improvement for me
Matibay ba ang fenix? I hope anything that expensive wouldnt crap out in a few months , I hope

here's a review i saw somewhere....
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/ninth/fenixl1d.htm

mikol
07-09-2007, 23:57

master A. check this out
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3371
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1892
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3266

and optional accessory din na ito
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5027

looks ok for me(cheap kasi ako e.
:supergrin: )

zij11zk
07-10-2007, 00:53
The same person who was with me here yesterday had a bad experience with a tactical light. His SF G2Z Nitrolon's P61 bulb burned out at the very last minute when he went to check something outside his home. Had to return inside to replace the burned out P61 bulb with the standard P60 bulb he replaced a few months ago.

Wow... Good thing the fellow had a spare lamp...

Always be prepared... I always say...

darwin25
07-10-2007, 01:25
Have a back-up light. Always have a spare. I always carry two. You never know when your going to need a spare one.

Grab a gun and grab some extra clips. Grab a light and grab a spare light.

mikey177
07-10-2007, 01:28
Yes, those uber-expensive incandescent bulbs have a nasty habit of burning out at the worst possible time. As such, I usually carry two lights with me just in case. Also, I have switched my primary light to a Cree-based LED from Lumapower. I'm saving up to buy one of their MRV lights, which has very, very good throw and is sufficiently bright at 210 lumens. They are more expensive than Fenix lights, but they fit my particular needs better... mahirap kaya mag-illuminate ng bukid sa gabi :supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
07-10-2007, 01:55
Before we all bash incandescent lights, please try to remember that there operate at a much higher temperature than LEDs so their lifespan is decidedly shorter. They aren't meant to be used as flashlights for everyday use, or "pambugbugan" as we like to call them, but for a specific use only, either as a weapons light or a tactical light.

That's why I have a fenix for normal use, and a 6P defender pambarog ng ulo.:supergrin:

Allegra
07-10-2007, 06:19
I dont even carry a wallet and now I have to carry 2 flashlights, guns, knives, batons

Ibalik na martial law!

Seriously , I'm now wondering what bag to carry gear , since I wear board shorts , t****rt and flipflops everyday not a great get up for concealment

mikey177
07-10-2007, 06:26
Master A,

I thought you would just use your flashlight around the house?

Anyway, if it's any consolation, I don't carry a gun outside the house. I just exercise more prudence and avoid probable troublespots.

HEAVY
07-10-2007, 06:59
I dont even carry a wallet and now I have to carry 2 flashlights, guns, knives, batons

Ibalik na martial law!

Seriously , I'm now wondering what bag to carry gear , since I wear board shorts , t****rt and flipflops everyday not a great get up for concealment

maxpedition fatboy jumbo.

on the subject of flashlights,

i have a surefire g2 nitrolon, i dropped it while it's on and it burned out faster than you can say "what the f..k?".

on the other hand, i have 2 china led flashlights that i throw around lit and nothing happens. i have one that says 7w on the body and it very bright, brighter than the g2 in my opinion.

i dont think i'm ever buying incandescent bulbs ever again.

i'm a convert.

i have a fenix LOD and it's the bees knees!

:banana:

Allegra
07-10-2007, 07:24
Originally posted by mikey177
Master A,

I thought you would just use your flashlight around the house?

Anyway, if it's any consolation, I don't carry a gun outside the house. I just exercise more prudence and avoid probable troublespots.

just outside the house na ngayon :) I live in the boondocks kasi

our laborer told me there were 3 guys w/ bonnets hanging around a few klicks from the house
Next day , there was another guy hiding in the bushes daw malapit sa compound
So I investigated a sobrang dilim and found out I didnt have a flashlight ( a candle is better than my coleman )
Had to take out the car have it follow me and use the headlights
Still couldnt see anything so I started shooting at the bushes hehe
Not a very good idea now that I think bout it but that's what he gets for disturbing me while I'm in the cr@pper hehe
Kaya feeling tactical me ngayon , they better watch out
This will probably last for a few weeks at least until may ibang trip nanaman ako :)

royal glockster
07-10-2007, 07:28
My goodness! i lost my SF g2 nitrolon! buti sana kung mura lang yun..now i'm thinking what flashlight to buy again..:upeyes:

Allegra
07-10-2007, 07:47
Originally posted by royal glockster
My goodness! i lost my SF g2 nitrolon! buti sana kung mura lang yun..now i'm thinking what flashlight to buy again..:upeyes:

I've lost 3 maglites but my 200p coleman kahit pamigay ko , bumabalik

Chie
07-10-2007, 20:22
Reading candle power forum is giving me a headache :brickwall: so many brands of flash light to consider, so many terminilogies and other stuff i cant understand in other words na he-helo na ako :crazy:

Since most of the flashlight guru's here are suggesting the FENIX brand. I'm thingking of getting one which i could attach to my keychain, where do i order and what model should i get?

:supergrin:

chocoboy
07-11-2007, 00:22
Originally posted by Chie
Since most of the flashlight guru's here are suggesting the FENIX brand. I'm thingking of getting one which i could attach to my keychain, where do i order and what model should i get?

:supergrin:

Saan pa... e di sa SOE :supergrin:

They'll be at d gunshow (WSC Booth)

Allegra
07-12-2007, 08:25
got the L2D at last
Pabalik pa lang sa car instant buyers remorse
Cant believe I bought myself a 3 grand flashlight hehe
Didnt help I went to the gunshow w/ our gunclub , di nga pala nakain sa turoturo mga yun , funyeta dapat nag bus nalang ako

Pero when I got home and tested it , daym! these mfs are bright!
It really does out perform the big maglites all from penlight battery source
The turbo mode could illuminate the 2ha. compound hanggang dulo
I hope they are reliable in the long run, I'm very very impressed for now
I'll be recommending to my bddies who are doing a 24 hour bike race, these light would be perfect!

buyer's remorse 50% nalang hehe

Eye Cutter
07-12-2007, 16:54
i haven't changed the batteries in my led inovas or the fenix' since i bought them. used everyday. same brightness pa rin.

sulit yan fafi! kaso hindi lang pwede gawin batuta! hahaha!

Alexii
07-12-2007, 18:04
Got also the L2D last night. Kudos to the people manning SOE especially to bikethief and m4armani for helping me out.

Revolutionary tong CREE bulb na ito; 135 lumens from 2 AAs, 9 lumens for 55 hours of general use. Love the strobe function, parang ilaw ng sasakyan ng PSG, he he.

Allegra
07-12-2007, 18:05
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
i haven't changed the batteries in my led inovas or the fenix' since i bought them. used everyday. same brightness pa rin.

sulit yan fafi! kaso hindi lang pwede gawin batuta! hahaha!

O nga , malamang mapukpok ako sa ulo one of these nights at mananakaw pa tong fenix hehe

KevlarSix
07-12-2007, 18:57
If you think the Fenix AA and AAA models are bright, try using 10440 AAA Lithium Batteries in the LOD CE and the 14500 AA Lithium Batteries in the L1D CE. These batteries double the output of these lights by more than a 100 percent.

KevlarSix

Alexii
07-12-2007, 20:23
...the 14500 AA Lithium Batteries in the L1D CE. These batteries double the output of these lights by more than a 100 percent.

What's the brand name of the lithium battery?

XXXyzledge
07-12-2007, 21:21
congrats sir allegra !!!

sir Kevlarsix,
how much are those batts?
are they rechargeable?

atmarcella
07-13-2007, 01:34
If you think the Fenix AA and AAA models are bright, try using 10440 AAA Lithium Batteries in the LOD CE and the 14500 AA Lithium Batteries in the L1D CE. These batteries double the output of these lights by more than a 100 percent.

KevlarSix

w/c means and L1d will put out 180 lumens w/ lithium batteries???

is this fact? or fiction? can anyone please confirm?

cos that would mean the L1d will beat the L2d if it had lithium batteries.... thanks:supergrin:

KevlarSix
07-13-2007, 04:10
http://www.ultrafire-shop.com/photo/battery/10400.jpg
Shown above is the AAA sized 10440 3.6v rechargable battery

http://www.ultrafire-shop.com/photo/battery/14500.jpg
Shown above is the AA sized 14500 3.6v rechargable battery

The 14500 can be used for the L1D CE and the 10440 can be used for the LOD CE respectively but you can't use 2 of these in the L2D CE as it will overpower the Cree Bulb.

Imagine these LOD CE and L1D CE Fenix lights being bright at 1.5v and now powered by these batteries at 3.6v. These are now much brighter than the P1D CE which is powered by a 3v CR123 battery and the L2D CE which is powered by 2 1.5v AA Battery. :supergrin:

KevlarSix

Allegra
07-13-2007, 10:31
I notice Fenix office is in shenzen?
Are these lights made in china?

KevlarSix
07-13-2007, 18:27
Originally posted by atmarcella
w/c means and L1d will put out 180 lumens w/ lithium batteries???

is this fact? or fiction? can anyone please confirm?

cos that would mean the L1d will beat the L2d if it had lithium batteries.... thanks:supergrin:

Here's a pic to answer some questions...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/UnknownVT/LED/FenixL1DCE/LiL1_2DCE.jpg
Another pic below(Darkened)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/UnknownVT/LED/FenixL1DCE/LiL1_2DCE2U.jpg

Here's the link:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=152286

Note taken from the link:
Important Note: L1D-CE using Li-Ion is just brighter than the L2D-CE on Lithium Primaries....

KevlarSix

XXXyzledge
07-13-2007, 19:07
sir kevlarsix,

sensya na.... additional questions here..
hope u could enlighten me...

where is this batt available?
how much?
how is it charged?

will using the 14500 batt (3.6v)
not damage the cree bulb of the L1D?

TIA !!!

KevlarSix
07-13-2007, 19:18
Originally posted by XXXyzledge
sir kevlarsix,

sensya na.... additional questions here..
hope u could enlighten me...

where is this batt available?
how much?
how is it charged?

will using the 14500 batt (3.6v)
not damage the cree bulb of the L1D?

TIA !!!

According to CPF, the Cree Bulb takes in the maximum voltage of 4.2v so 3.7v would not harm it. But putting 2 of these inside the L2D CE(Combined voltage of 7.4v) would destroy the L2D CE's Cree bulb.

You can use your Credit Card or PayPal to buy these from www.lighthound.com

Or you can get these as a set of charger and 2 batteries in eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrafire-Charger-Rechargeable-14500-Lithium-AA-Battery_W0QQitemZ220127229798QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50603QQcmdZViewItem

KevlarSix

XXXyzledge
07-15-2007, 18:23
tnx sir kevlar six!

will ask my sis to hunt 1 for me!!
hehehehehe....

KevlarSix
07-15-2007, 19:34
My EDC kit.

Leatherman Military Black Charge Ti
Fisher Space Pen
10440 Li-Ion powered LOD CE
Spare AAA battery
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/KevlarSix/Leatherman.jpg

I carry a spare AAA Energizer inside the leatherman pouch so when the 10440 Li-Ion battery goes low, I still have some light.
(Somebody borrowed my digicam again so I'm posting cellcam pics)

More info on the Fisher Space Pens - http://www.spacepen.com/Public/Technology/index.cfm

M4Armani
07-15-2007, 20:06
To everyone feel free to pass by the SOE booth at the gunshow or at the store in MCS to get your free Fenix light stickers!

arzon
07-15-2007, 23:39
Meron na palang CREEs ang SureFire.

http://talisiorder.ca/sfxre.html

mikey177
07-16-2007, 06:11
Those Surefire lights with Cree heads will surely cost an arm and a leg when they are introduced :sad:

charlie-xray
07-16-2007, 06:57
Surefire 6PD Defender Tactical Black Flashlights 6PD-BK

Any comment on this?

Kaiser Soze
07-17-2007, 08:08
I have this light (from SOE of course!) and I like it because it its my hand better than the E2D...I've given my E2D's to my gf and my sister.

zij11zk
07-18-2007, 00:08
Ako din... SF 6PD... Sarap gamitin... Got mine as a pasalubong from US...

Very handy and powerful EDC light...

just use it sparringly for basic lighting use...

Very happy with it...

batangueno
07-18-2007, 06:11
Bought my L2D from SOE at the last day of the gunshow. Si Dino BI din kasi eh.:supergrin: Kaya lang si Dino meron libreng Microtech yung Fenix nya. :supergrin:

royal glockster
07-18-2007, 08:26
Got my L1D Fenix at SOE during the gunshow. It has indeed a very bright white light plus the strobe light mode...parang wang-wang...:)

cebuboy
07-18-2007, 08:31
Bought a P3D during the gunshow, this thing is bright, as bright as a surefire L2:) its got S.O.S. and a blinker too.

charlie-xray
07-21-2007, 02:58
Good buy cebuboy, tried it on my officemate here he was blinded by it and was not happy with me for a while (used energizer lithium color blue) :wavey: :wavey:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/FenixP3D.jpg

Originally posted by cebuboy
Bought a P3D during the gunshow, this thing is bright, as bright as a surefire L2:) its got S.O.S. and a blinker too.

zij11zk
07-21-2007, 07:45
I agree that the fenix strobe function is really disorienting... Tried one on blinker mode during the gunshow and I was flash blind for about 3~5 secs... damn... (must not do that again...hehehe)

My SF 6PD works just as effective... disorienting a fellow officemate from about 20feet away (while doing a flashing / strobe effect)... (and to think that my batteries need changing already)...

Cant wait for the next CREE LED lamp from SUREFIRE...

Stay safe everyone...

atmarcella
07-21-2007, 18:39
when will someone make a weapons mounted cree flashlight? or baka meron na??????

atmarcella
07-21-2007, 18:40
double post:sad:

KevlarSix
07-22-2007, 07:55
when will someone make a weapons mounted cree flashlight? or baka meron na??????

According to some CPF threads, these can be used to replace the Surefire Weapon mounted bulb assemblies.

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6356&tb=1

KevlarSix

Kaiser Soze
07-22-2007, 08:06
Surefire is set to debut some CREE lights soon, but I'm not sure if they will be used in weaponlights. Something about CREE lights not being made to withstand shock from recoil just yet. I'm sure that SureFire will figure it out though.

KevlarSix
07-22-2007, 17:43
Surefire is set to debut some CREE lights soon, but I'm not sure if they will be used in weaponlights. Something about CREE lights not being made to withstand shock from recoil just yet. I'm sure that SureFire will figure it out though.

Cree Bulbs from Wolf Eyes would do
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=169139

KevlarSix
07-22-2007, 18:54
This accessory would be a great addition to LOD CE or L1D CE owners. Sad to say that it's quite dificult looking for one.

http://www.lightch.com/elpa/im1/dop013bk_10.jpg

http://www.lightch.com/elpa/im1/dop013bk_11.jpg

Saw this in a Japanese website.
http://www.lightch.com/elpa/a/dop013bk.html

M4Armani
07-22-2007, 19:49
For a weaponlight I use a Surefire M78 flashlight mount on my Fenix P3D mounted on the side of my rifle with great success. LED's are supposedly "shock proof" as it doesn't have a filament to break unlike incadecent bulbs, but some have used SF G2s on their rifles with success also.

arzon
07-23-2007, 08:23
Kaiser, meron bang L1D sa SOE and around how much?

mikol
07-23-2007, 09:03
bosing atmarcella, maybe an experemental combo of this
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5369
and this
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2588
might work kasi same diameter yung light tsaka yung laser mount/holder (.83"):)

medyo mahirap nga lang pindutin yung push button sa dulo pagka nakakabit na sa baril yung lights. :sad:

Kaiser Soze
07-23-2007, 09:24
SOE carries the complete line of Fenix lights and almost every type of SureFire light in existence...but I don't have a price list so it's best to either call or visit the shop bro.

arzon
07-25-2007, 01:15
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1132/dsc04121hy2.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04121hy2.jpg)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7612/dsc04124ir9.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04124ir9.jpg)

sundancekid
08-13-2007, 10:35
try checking out the LED LENSER V2 series at Hahn. its a little over 2K but its a very bright Led light using 3 AAA batteries. i have 3 actually and it's my daily carry together with my G19.

Glock_19_9x19
09-03-2007, 04:03
Got my Fenix L2D CE today, after two hours pondering kung eto ba or yung L1D ang bibilhin ko, I decided to get this one instead coz of the availability and price of AA batteries.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/ikko909/IMG_0365.jpg

Alamat
09-04-2007, 22:49
Glock 19, nice light! where did you bought it how much?

tnx in advance! :)

CatsMeow
09-05-2007, 00:59
Originally posted by sundancekid
try checking out the LED LENSER V2 series at Hahn. its a little over 2K but its a very bright Led light using 3 AAA batteries. i have 3 actually and it's my daily carry together with my G19.

I also got a LED LENSER, but the one with the two lithium batteries; much brighter than the 3AAA model, but over P3k. I got mine at Zwilling - J.A. Henckels Solingen; they stand by their products. Thing is, if you leave the batteries in, they will eventually drain, which is what happened to the batteries it came with; expensive pa naman ang lithium. I now keep the batteries in a little leather coin pouch attached to its pouch ring.

My G19 is also not far away!:)

Glock_19_9x19
09-05-2007, 03:26
Originally posted by Alamat
Glock 19, nice light! where did you bought it how much?

tnx in advance! :)

P3,500 at SOE, Makati Cinema Square :)

Allegra
09-15-2007, 17:15
The L2D is the syet!!
Had the opportunity to use it twice outdoors had to check out some people
This white light really shines when sobrag dilim, and all from cheap AA batts
Daym , bulag sila :)didnt even use the turbo mode , and completely forgot bout the strobe
Money well spent and to those who recommended the fenix , I will give you a long kiss if we meet

I have a brand new maglight that also runs on 2 AA I got as a gift, how much can I sell it for ?