new to Winston-Salem, NC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new to Winston-Salem, NC

steelerfan
07-03-2007, 20:55
Hey, y'all. It's been a while since I last posted, but some of the guys who've been on here a while might remember me. Long story short, I recently moved from Charlottesville, VA to Winston. I was wondering if any of y'all could recommend good gun shops and/or shooting ranges (just handgun is fine, too) in the Winston-Salem area. I was getting ready to check out Grandview Firearms Training Center, but their website says they just moved from Pfafftown to somewhere just off of 421 (I haven't found their new location yet (they also said they were changing the name to Sportsmen's Lodge or something like that.... anyway...).

Any advice or tips (gun related or otherwise) would be greatly appreciated. Hope y'all are doin' well.

Rob1035
07-04-2007, 08:23
I don't know about ranges (we shoot at a friend's land) in Winston, but in my experience, the Gun Rack down the road in Greensboro has pretty great prices on firearms.

G23/40
07-04-2007, 17:39
This place hasn't opened yet but is schelduled for July.
www.triadgunsource.com
Also just south of WS...WWW.PHASHOOTS.COM

G23/40

Honorabledog
07-05-2007, 01:04
Check out Calibers gun range in Greensboro. Its beside the airport at the intersection of Friendly and West Market. They don't sell guns but they do rent and have classes. It's a nice indoor range.:thumbsup:

steelerfan
07-09-2007, 05:32
thanks, guys. i appreciate it!

capnjim01
07-27-2007, 08:14
Originally posted by Honorabledog
Check out Calibers gun range in Greensboro. Its beside the airport at the intersection of Friendly and West Market. They don't sell guns but they do rent and have classes. It's a nice indoor range.:thumbsup: +1 good people there friendly and very helpful

arj
08-23-2007, 19:17
Originally posted by G23/40
This place hasn't opened yet but is schelduled for July.
www.triadgunsource.com
Also just south of WS...WWW.PHASHOOTS.COM

Triad gun source is now open..and they are even open on Sundays. Decent prices on stuff too.

LadyG23
09-19-2007, 19:10
Originally posted by arj
Triad gun source is now open..and they are even open on Sundays. Decent prices on stuff too.

I was in there the night they put the backstop in. That was cool to see.

Their membership prices seem a bit high - do you have to have a membership to shoot there?

arj
09-22-2007, 17:26
you dont have to get a membership...its $12 per hour OR 2 people on a lane for $9 per hour each person. On Wed. its ladies day..they shoot free..so you and your wife can get on a lane and it will only be $9 per hour for you. If you take their CCW class you get 10 free passes.

Bosko
10-04-2007, 08:27
The shop is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and Sunday from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Annual membership is $200 (+$50 for the first year). This includes the member signing up and every member of his/her immediate family. A discounted membership is offered to law enforcement, firefighters, EMS, and active duty military. The indoor range is composed of 8 lanes and the farthest target point is 20.5 yards. You can shoot rifles. You must use their targets. Large Targets cost $1.00 and small targets cost $.50. Eye and ear protection can be rented for $1.00 per set. Wednesday is Ladies Day. Women shoot free and receive a discount on ammunition. A Smith & Wesson Model 10 revolver is available to rent, except on Ladies Day when the rental fee is waived. To shoot here you must pass a ten minute range safety test (open book). Classes that are offered on Saturdays (8:30 AM to 6:00 PM) are: NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course ($65) and the North Carolina Concealed Carry - Handgun Course ($75). You must pay the registration fee in advance to receive a class date. NRA Basic Pistol is geared towards people who have little or no experience with handguns, or just wish to review the basics in a formal setting. You need not have a handgun to participate. The S&W Model 10 is the class handgun. You must pass a written test to receive a certificate of completion. The CC-H Course is geared towards shooters with moderate to advanced experience with firearms. You must pass a written test on legal issues and qualify on a course of fire out to 7 yards to receive a certificate of completion. The CC-H Course is taught by a retired Forsyth County Sheriff's Captain/Firearms Instructor and by a retired Secret Service Special Agent/Field Firearms Instructor, who also teaches the NRA course.