Ammo Prices, Orlando Gun Show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Prices, Orlando Gun Show

BigBangTheory
07-04-2007, 11:02
I've been planning on going to the Orlando gun show this weekend, hoping to find good prices on ammo. I need a bunch to break in a new 45(30), and I also hope to get some good SD ammo (Gold Dot, HST, Ranger, etc). I've only been to a few gun shows, and I've never really priced the ammo there. Are the prices likely to be lower than what I can routinely find outside of gun shows? Is the ammo fairly new, or is it really old stuff that they never sold in their shops? And finally, am I likely to see the good SD ammo in 50 round boxes, or just the overpriced 20 - 25 round boxes?

legion3
07-04-2007, 11:55
Jerry Kilpatrick... if he is there he usually has a good assortment of on Winchester Ranger.

$26 for 50...better deals on cases.

LurkMastR
07-04-2007, 11:56
I went to the last Orlando gun show, and I think the general consensus was the most, if not all, of the ammo there was overpriced. You might find a good deal, but don't hold your breath.

On the other hand, if ammo prices are going up, then 6 months from now we might all be thinking "I wish I has bought it 6 months ago even if it seemed overpriced then".

Good luck at the show.

BigBangTheory
07-04-2007, 12:17
I've gotten ammo from Jerry before - great guy to deal with. He is supposed to be there, but he told me that Winchester is working hard to fill some military orders and he's running a little low right now. Last week I spoke to a guy a Streichers. He said they have some ammo, but have a back order of 4 - 6 months for much of it - yes, months, not weeks. Ouch.:sad: