Tanfoglio 9 mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tanfoglio 9 mm


Poodle
07-05-2007, 08:16
Has anybody tried the Tanfoglio 9 mm pistol assembled by Armscor? The all metal model? We tried it at the range today and it was pretty accurate. The trigger of the all metal model was also crisp.

HEAVY
07-05-2007, 10:37
i had one before, sir poodle.

i sold it to buy a glock.

it was nice, though. fits well in the hand and heavy enough to tame the very slight recoil of the 9mm cartridge even more.

i liked it. had absolutely no problems with it.

kaya ko lang ibinenta dahil nabuyo ako na mag-glock.

Poodle
07-05-2007, 15:51
Originally posted by HEAVY
i had one before, sir poodle.

i sold it to buy a glock.

it was nice, though. fits well in the hand and heavy enough to tame the very slight recoil of the 9mm cartridge even more.

i liked it. had absolutely no problems with it.

kaya ko lang ibinenta dahil nabuyo ako na mag-glock.

Copy. Thanks for the reply.

REason I asked was because I have a friend who's starting to shoot and he shoots well with the Tanfoglio. He tried my G19, G21 and a rented 1911 and he had problems shooting with them. He can shoot dead center with the Tanfoglio even at 10 meters. It seems that it is a pretty accurate pistol. I saw Major Tuliao shoot and hit the center of the head part of an IDPA board from 18 meters with the Tanfoglio.

Told my friend to buy one.

Eye Cutter
07-05-2007, 16:29
esperience ko sa tanfoglio was a hit and miss thing. meron magandang unit, merong lemon.

i had one before. couldn't get it to run 100%. binenta ko agad. sayang nga e.

isuzu
07-05-2007, 19:33
Try an NZ-85 and get a hold of Deenoh. Pepe308 got a unit from Deenoh, and he's had fun with it. Sayang, I wasn't able to buy one from Deenoh when I went home. The schedule was so tight, and it was still gun ban. I'll find the time for it, though.

Poodle
07-05-2007, 19:55
Originally posted by isuzu
Try an NZ-85 and get a hold of Deenoh. Pepe308 got a unit from Deenoh, and he's had fun with it. Sayang, I wasn't able to buy one from Deenoh when I went home. The schedule was so tight, and it was still gun ban. I'll find the time for it, though.

Will contact Deenoh. Sana puede try bago bumili.

Capt.Barbel
07-05-2007, 22:07
Sir that's the one im using now! superb!:thumbsup:

antediluvianist
07-06-2007, 00:32
Bought a 9mm. Tanfoglio from Armscor several years ago when the units were entirely imported- I think unassembled - from Italy.

It was just fine. Very comfortable grip. Never any malfunctions.

Haven't tried the recent Armscor-Tanfoglio ones.

Frankly, I also think my Tanfoglio was more accurate than my Glock 17. Well, Glocks are plenty accurate enough for practical use, but as far as I know they are not the first choice if superb accuracy is the objective.

Thought my Tan looked better than my Glock too. But, ah, of course anything looks better than a Glock.

isuzu
07-06-2007, 06:31
Originally posted by Poodle
Will contact Deenoh. Sana puede try bago bumili.

He might have a demo unit. Worth asking.:)

Poodle
07-06-2007, 07:10
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Bought a 9mm. Tanfoglio from Armscor several years ago when the units were entirely imported- I think unassembled - from Italy.

It was just fine. Very comfortable grip. Never any malfunctions.

Haven't tried the recent Armscor-Tanfoglio ones.

Frankly, I also think my Tanfoglio was more accurate than my Glock 17. Well, Glocks are plenty accurate enough for practical use, but as far as I know they are not the first choice if superb accuracy is the objective.

Thought my Tan looked better than my Glock too. But, ah, of course anything looks better than a Glock.

Yes, I think the unit we tried out was more accurate than my Glock 19. I managed to put 4 rounds inside the ten hole during my first try. Glocks in my opinion are superb for combat or practical shooting because the relatively "wide" rear sights facilitate target acquisition when speed is of the essence. For bullseye shooting, the sights on the Tan may give it more of an advantage over Glocks.