Transporting firearm parts in car? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Transporting firearm parts in car?

kontra
07-05-2007, 18:06
Is it legal to transport parts (except the frame) inside our cars? Do we need special permits to do this?

Thanks

Valor1
07-05-2007, 19:04
In my experience I haven't had any problems. I bought parts from gunstores sometimes my kasabay pa akong pulis pag bumibili. I've bought barrels and slides but no problem. Siguro pag bumili ka na lang ng commercial quantities like 50 barrels and slides baka sitahin. Pero I have a friend who buys reloading components in bulk (heads, shells and powder) from quezon city and then travels back to Pampanga but never experienced problems.

Palagay ko sa frame iba na usapan o kaya spare barrel ng Howitzer tank.

isuzu
07-05-2007, 19:13
As long as there's a receipt for the parts, I don't see any problems. Pag na tripan ka ng ibang pulis, it could be a hassle. Just keep the parts away from plain view.

glockiz
07-07-2007, 11:32
hi guys,
i planned to check out this month's gun show at megamall. is it possible that i can bring along with me my old slide of armscor for modification in manila, just the slide. am travelling via airplane.

tnx a lot

isuzu
07-07-2007, 21:14
Originally posted by glockiz
hi guys,
i planned to check out this month's gun show at megamall. is it possible that i can bring along with me my old slide of armscor for modification in manila, just the slide. am travelling via airplane.

tnx a lot

get a permit to transport for it.

kontra
07-07-2007, 23:10
Thank you. Its comforting to know that we can do it legally. I plan to buy a few items at the gun show

batangueno
07-08-2007, 07:58
Originally posted by glockiz
hi guys,

tnx a lot
I suggest you ask your airline.

mikol
07-08-2007, 08:09
brought some parts from manila to cebu via plane last Jan., ok naman di na sinita ng airport police during baggage scanning.

parts are 10-rounder mags, thumb ambi-safety, 3-hole trigger, fiber optic front sight, sear & main springs, plastic grips & others.

pero lahat ng mga yun nakalagay sa isang small personal electronic safe kaya siguro di na nakita sa airport scanner. :headscratch:

glockiz
07-08-2007, 17:16
tnx guys for the info

isuzu
07-08-2007, 19:13
Originally posted by batangueno
I suggest you ask your airline.

Once you get a permit to transport from the FED with the gun license, the airline will accept the slide as V cargo. I've seen in the previous threads that PAL now charges a fee to transport firearms.