Running older games on Vista? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Running older games on Vista?

chbix
07-06-2007, 15:30
Ok so im bored with WOW, tired of rainbow 6 vegas, and dont have any thing new out that i wanted to get.

So im digging through my old games and find the original Half life, so im thinking ill install this and day of defeat (a half life mod) and counterstrike and go to town.

But im running vista. Now since they launched steam, you can just log in, and steam knows what games you have paid for and activated and re dl them instead of installing. So i do this, now everything installed right but i can only get about 2 min of play, if that much and it kicks me out, sometimes i just get disconnected and end up at the server menu, other times it drops the game to the desktop.

Now i know that there are some issues, but i cant find anything on fixing these.

Any ideas?

NetNinja
07-06-2007, 22:28
Try Google, there may be some patches that will allow you to do that. But good luck in pulling your hair out.
Stay with XP for now.

chbix
07-06-2007, 23:38
well i tried running the games on my xp machine and same issues............

EAJuggalo
07-08-2007, 04:07
have you tried tagging the program with "run as Administrator" IIRC that is what I had to do to get Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun to run on vista home premium.