Requirements for FL drivers license? Voting status? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for FL drivers license? Voting status?

passive101
07-07-2007, 11:59
I moved to FL 1.5 weeks ago now. Technically staying in a hotel for the next 1.5 weeks. in 2 weeks from now I want to change my address to FL so I can do the electronic finger printing and get my ccw.

Do I just simply tell the DMV where I live and give them my WI drivers license or do I need something that shows I live in FL?

Also how do I change my voting status so I can vote in FL?

Republican of course :wavey:

Gmountain
07-07-2007, 13:51
Originally posted by passive101
I moved to FL 1.5 weeks ago now. Technically staying in a hotel for the next 1.5 weeks. in 2 weeks from now I want to change my address to FL so I can do the electronic finger printing and get my ccw.

Do I just simply tell the DMV where I live and give them my WI drivers license or do I need something that shows I live in FL?

Also how do I change my voting status so I can vote in FL?

Republican of course :wavey:

Go to the elections office in your county and register.

DMV-go and change your license. You'll need to know your address. One important thing-don't just show up at the DMV-you'll wait for hours. Call and make an appointment, and you'll be in and out quickly.

passive101
07-07-2007, 16:30
Easier then I thought it would be. Wow you have to make apts here. I've never even heard of making apts at a DMV. Big city life I guess?

Gmountain
07-07-2007, 17:16
Easier then I thought it would be. Wow you have to make apts here. I've never even heard of making apts at a DMV. Big city life I guess?

You don't have to make appointments, but it beats waiting. Check the hours too-I think they are closed on Mondays.

Dandapani
07-08-2007, 05:17
Man, gotta love the Tax Collectors office here in Pasco. They have them all over the county. Very little waiting. Walk-in, talk to the receptionist about what you want, take a number, wait a few minutes before you are electronically directed to a clerk. Piece of cake. Even have Saturday and evening hours. Mike Wells, the tax collector, runs a tight ship!

passive101
07-08-2007, 09:32
What does this have to do with tax collectors?

Just curious I don't know the laws down here.

Gmountain
07-08-2007, 09:45
What does this have to do with tax collectors?

Just curious I don't know the laws down here.

Nothing. The tax collector is the place you go to register your car, get the tags (license plates) and the like.

The Driver's License folks are part of the DMV.