movie editing software [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : movie editing software

yunone
07-09-2007, 10:11
I have a sony minidv camera that i use every now and then and when i had VAIO laptop it was easy to edit the vids as the software was pre installed. Recently I went to a Dell Laptop and have no video editing software on there. I am looking for recommendations on free or very inexpensive video editing software out there that will do what i need.

I only need very basic stuff such as, import clips from the camera, crop out scenes, make smaller clips from the main video. I dont need fancy fade in or out, sound editing or fancy trailer stuff..just basics...

what do you all recommened?

thanks in advance

Washington,D.C.
07-09-2007, 10:20
This one is free.

http://windv.mourek.cz/

I haven't used it. I run Linux.

Furant
07-09-2007, 20:49
Windows Movie Maker will do just that and it's included with XP (and I'm sure other Windows flavors).

If you ever need more advanced editing, I highly recommend Sony Vegas (high-end) or Sony Vegas Movie Studio (personal).

Joey

yunone
07-15-2007, 01:19
i have tried ulead, windows movie maker and the windv software posted above... none can see my sony micromv device... windows see's it fine and its loaded under device manager

any other ideas?

Blitzer
07-15-2007, 04:24
www.AVSmedia.com has a free test download of their stuff.

ric0123
07-15-2007, 13:33
You might check and see if there are software updates for the software you have tried. I have had similar problems in the past and typically that helps.

I am a BIG Roxio fan. You get a lot of software for $99 IMHO.